good scouting camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

good scouting camera

Post by Deaf jeff »

any advice on a scouting camera that is easy to use, priced reasonably and takes decent pictures? I don't need really high quality pics. but good enough so I do not have to guess at what the picture is of
thanks
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
flightattendant100

Re: good scouting camera

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am pretty partial to the Moultrie stuff. Bought a 333 last year. Quite a bit less than a hundred bucks, takes good pics(7mega pixel), easy to use, easy on batteries. Real pleased
xbowhunter10

Post by xbowhunter10 »

I would also recommend Moultrie cameras . I've had good luck with them and had one to act up last year and called them about it . They said they would need proof of purchase before they would do anything but to go ahead and send it in and they would let me know how much it would cost to fix it . About three weeks later they sent me a brand new one in the mail even though the warranty was out . That sold me !
cevans

Post by cevans »

I just got a couple of Wildgame Inovation Razor 6X (6meg. pixel) cameras that are pretty sharp for a cheap camera. Has normal lenses, wide lense, takes 30 sec. videos, time laps pics, you can adjust it several ways including shutter speed down to 15 seconds per pic takes pics out to 60 ft ok. ..bought my first one at 50 bucks 2 weeks ago, then seller on ebay raised them to 70 bucks and sold about 160 total. Wildgames suggested price on their website is 109.95.. and no sales tax or shipping charges. takes 8 AA batteries and you have to supply your own storage card, but, you can get either 2-2gig for 11.95 or 2-4 gig cards at wallmart for 15.95 and the 4's will give ya about 3000 pics. I did 8 - 30 second videos of the dogs in the yard and still had over 3 gigs of storage left on the card. Seller now has them at 60 bucks. For a cheapie,,give great pics during the daytime, and decient pics at nite. Still playing with the antiblur setting and so far getting good pics of nice bucks and does all hours of the nite and mornings mostly. Only thing I didn't like about this camera is the super small bungie chords provided which only fit about a 8" dia. tree of which I changed out. I figure, I am not out a lot of money if someone steals it and it works good enough for me. Cameras have come along ways. Here is this seller (name is a1bargains) and hopes this report helps you out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wildgame-Innova ... 1282209262?
Last edited by cevans on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
brookky

Post by brookky »

Covert cameras
Matrix black 380
Matrix 405
Micro camo 335
Micro black project
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

I have a couple of those Wildgame Innovation cameras as well. They are on sale at TSC Stores in Canada once in awhile for $50.00. They take decent pictures and the one I had out last week survived a bear attack with very little damage.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I use the Wildgame innovations model #M6CC
From cabelas.It comes with batteries and a sd card for $95, it uses infrared at night and so far I'm happy with it.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I have 3 or 4 different brands. The Moultrie cameras with the AA batteries give me the best service
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

My Bushnell takes really good pictures and Im still on my first set of batteries going into my second season with it.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
galamb

Post by galamb »

They are all made in China now.

The lowest quality on the market today was "top of the line" 2 years ago.

We sell 5 or 6 brands where I work.

We get a disproportionate number of Simmons back (estimate about 40%) that don't work from the get go - might be an anomaly or maybe just inferior workmanship/specs.

I personally run 3 Stealth Cam's (Skout's 7mp) and 2 Wildviews' (TK24's 6mp)- got them all on sale for 100 bucks (or less) each.

They produce a "ginormous" picture at high quality.

If all you are looking for is a usable pic to see what's going on, anything with 3-5 mega pixels will be more than enough - IR flash is a very nice feature and leads to long battery life.

Usually Cabela's or Bass Pro has something on sale in the 60/70 bucks range that will more than suit your needs.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Ironhog45

Post by Ironhog45 »

I've had great luck with the Bushnell Trophy model - plain brown. Bought two of them on sale for $160 each (a little pricey) a few years ago. Using the expensive lithium batteries has given me a little over two years of service. The trigger is quick, the sensor is very good - little is missed but very few wind triggered photos. Flash is good but not as good as others. Pic quality is good but not as good as others in same rice range. Overall very happy
galamb

Post by galamb »

Here's a shot from my Wildview TK24 set to 6mp.

I cut the pic size way way down from the original size of 2.55 MB.

Bambi was about 15 yards from where the camera was mounted.

Here's the pic at 100% cropped - enough detail for me...

Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
galamb

Post by galamb »

Can't really tell you. I use the remote battery hook up - plug her into a 5 amp hour/12 volt battery (get these for 20 bucks - rechargeable with a trickle charger).

I put that particular camera out in April to scout the trails - still going strong now (at least as of last weekend over 4 months later) with the battery indicator still showing a full charge.

All my camera's (have 4 out currently) run off the remote batteries - charge before they go out and don't worry until I take them home in December or January.

Was a few bucks to initially set up, but I haven't bought batteries in a number of years and have never had a "power failure".
Graham

flinthead

Post by flinthead »

I just started using a Moultrie A-5... works great for around $50
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads