Disappointed With Warranty Turn-Around

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

F250-2

Disappointed With Warranty Turn-Around

Post by F250-2 »

I sent my 380 trigger assembly to the Pa. address as instructed by Excalibur warranty instructions on 8/19. UPS "miss-sorted" the package and it did not arrive at the repair shop until the morning of 8/25. At that time, I was sent an email from Excalibur advising the job would be completed within 1-5 days when they would send me another email indicating the action taken (repair or replace). Nothing ... Deer season is coming fast !!!
paulaboutform

Re: Disappointed With Warranty Turn-Around

Post by paulaboutform »

Why don't you try actually calling and checking the status...and explain why you need it asap. ????? Excal customer service has been amazing for the odd occasions I've needed it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
strum

Post by strum »

paulaboutform wrote:Why don't you try actually calling and checking the status...and explain why you need it asap. ????? Excal customer service has been amazing for the odd occasions I've needed it.
really the turnaround time was compromised by the ups miss sort so you have to give excel the benefit of the doubt. I agree with paul. give em a call man :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

Yes, the first week was the problem with UPS. That happens sometimes. However, Excalibur received it first thing Monday morning 8/25. They advised 1-5 day turn around. I emailed them on day five - 8/29. They returned an email advising they would notify me when they were done with it. So - they were the ones who claimed the turn around time would be 1-5 days. We are beyond their self imposed time frame with no explanation. For what the 380 costs, I really should not have had to send the trigger in for repair in the first place.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Ya. For what my Ford 250 costs there should be no problems either but there have been. Getting stuff squared up never fun but when the manufacturers are willing and want your product up to snuff it helps. Excalibur does want your crossbow at its best.Once communication reestablished you'll have your answer. Hopefully you will be dialed in and score early come season and your patience will be rewarded with an eye popping brute for karma down the road.
A 380 sounds sweeeet. A safety mod of a trigger replacement would put me in your shoes but still seems worth the hassle. Hang in there.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

That's common with all the warranty work they do. I sent 2 diff items back and they told me I would get a confirmation but did not. I did receive both items back at my front door in a timely fashion though.
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
Fandex

Post by Fandex »

Hi
i understand that you want your crossbow working for deer season, BUT it seems that you don't count the 'open day', i explain : if they becom your trigger on the 25, if they say 1 to 5 day, it 'can' be today (so, don't say it's beyond...), saturday, the 30th.
(and i thougt that when there was a problem, you have to send entire crossbow...)
And i don't think UPS is open on sunday. Too bad! :D
Take it easy!
IMO you were too sad whith excalibur, saying you are disapointed although they try to explain and give every information you need. And, they perhaps try to find if there is a problem with the trigger and how to solve it!
So, go to feed some deers to shoot them when your trigger is back.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

No complaints on my trigger 3 days turnaround
from the same dealer in pa,,,,,
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I suspect your perceived issues have very little to do with Excalibur.

By the timeline you indicated at the earliest it would be tomorrow that you should expect it. Unless UPS has failed you yet again. Even then if first UPS failure is indeed a fact as you suggest it is only a fact depending on the shipping method you selected.

You may want to be sitting down with a few stiff drinks to calm the nerves a bit ( unless you have a tendency to be an belligerent individual when alcohol is involved ) or better yet take an extra dose of BP Meds before you read the next part.

There may be the possibility that UPS have failed to meet your expectations yet again, which means that you should not expect to see delivery until at least early next week. (Sept 8th)

Further more for everything to fall in in place to meet your stringent timeline expectations to the letter also heavily depends on whether or not you did not make any errors on your part with the return address you supplied. ( I have been there done that once "" egg on face"")
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
cspot

Post by cspot »

To me it hasn't even been 5 days. I would say if they received it the 25th then you start counting from the 25th. 26th- 1 day, 27th- 2 day, 28th- 3 day, 29th- 4 day, 30th- non-business day, 31st- non business day, 1st- holiday non business day, 2nd- 5th business day. Also giving the fact that this is the busiest time of the year they would get an extra day or 2. I would probably call on the 3rd if I didn't hear anything.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

Hmmm. Let me try to explain the timeline again. The week the trigger was shipped, UPS fumbled the ball. OK. Happens. Excalibur repair folks received it first thing Monday morning 8/22 and sent me an email confirming that they received it. They further advised they would have it back in the mail within 1-5 days. OK. That is their stated turn around time. They had it all day Monday (1),
Tuesday (2). Wednesday (3), Thursday (4), Friday (5). I emailed them on Friday. They advised they would contact me on the day when they shipped it back. I did not set the turn around time. They did, and they failed to meet their own deadline. In order to comply with their own turn around time limit, it would have had to be shipped at the end of the day on Friday (5). So they are busy. Good. Just don't promise me a turn around time that you do not honor.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I really don't have a dog in this hunt. The trigger was workin n shootable when you sent it back. It jus wasn't as smooth/slick as you thought it should be. Or was the trigger totally non shootable ? If the trigger was shootable n you waited til last min. shame on you! :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
cspot

Post by cspot »

Unless you misspoke this is what you had in your first post.
F250-2 wrote:UPS "miss-sorted" the package and it did not arrive at the repair shop until the morning of 8/25.
To me you can't count that has a day as they sent you an email that day. Tuesday starts as the first day. Give them a call tomorrow and see what is up. I wouldn't be disappointed yet though because to me they haven't been late on their promise.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

Opps. Sorry, I was looking at the Sept. page this morning. Yes. They did receive it on the morning of 8/25. The trigger was not useable from any position other than from the bench. I bought the 380 in mid July so I would have plenty of time to practice with it prior to the deer hunting season. When I began shooting it, I noted the terrible trigger pull. In reading all the information I could, including lots of good stuff on this Forum, I tried to "break in" the trigger as advised by many contributors. That took time. Finally, it became apparent that only returning the trigger assembly for warranty work, would fix the problem. I contacted Excalibur who advised me to remove the trigger assembly and send it to their approved facility in Pa. I guess we can quibble about whether or not they have had it for 5 days. Regardless, it appears from the other many complaints (posted on this and other hunting forums) about the poor triggers coming from the factory, there appears to be a quality control issue or a design issue. How many of you gave up on the factory trigger and bought the Trigger Tech triggers - thus voiding your warranty ?
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Please contact us with your RMA number and we will give you an update on your trigger. This time of year is always crazy for us as we get swamped with phone calls, emails and items sent to us for service. We get 90% of our warranty issues sent to us within 6 weeks every year which strains our system.
I'm sure your trigger is on its way but if we can get your information I will confirm it for you.

Peter