STOCK SCOPE VS VARIZON (HELP)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

STOCK SCOPE VS VARIZON (HELP)

Post by bubba »

Forum members.I recently purchased a Ibex crossbow and have been very happy with the bow itself,But not so happy with the stock scope and mount. My next add on I think should be the a.d.f. guardian, and then would be the scope. I've found out I can exchange the stock scope for the varizone for 30 dollars. My question is the varizone a good enough up grade or would the Nikon bolt be a better way to go? bubba
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
awshucks

Re: STOCK SCOPE VS VARIZON (HELP)

Post by awshucks »

I've had several V-zones, no Nikons. The V-zones worked well for me, all on bows under 350 fps.

If you use the stock string [excel] I wouldn't bother w/ ADF.......

Your scope is a 'Maxzone', what don't you like about it? It should work well on an Ibex....
"Eze 18:21"
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

the vari zone is ok but I think you will be much happier with the nikon bolt.
bubba

Post by bubba »

I have been shooting the dan miller fff, for a few months, and I do not intend to go back to the excel string. since I have been getting 15 f.p.s. and I just prefer a flimish string. so that is my intrest in the adf mount, the problem with the stock scope is I am always having to make minor adjustments to keep my p.o.i. My fff, string has over 200 shots,and has layed down well, but still I have to continue making minor fixes. I'm sure there are plenty people out there that love there stock scopes. I'm just not one of them thanks bubba
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

$30 is a good price for the upgrade Vari-Zone scope.

The Nikon bolt VR scope is in another class and all around better scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
cevans

Post by cevans »

the varizone is a good scope for me. Don't really see the need to change it out as it has worked very nicely past 3 yrs and held up over a ton of shooting and abuse of carrying it to the woods and stands. Holds up nice and have no complaints. I know the Nikon might be alittle nicer. I am hard on equipment too so I don't baby nothing.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.