Leupold scope ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shuey270

Leupold scope ??

Post by shuey270 »

I want to put a vx1 2x7 shotgun/muzzleloader scope on my Equinox. I was leaning toward the turkey plex over the duplex. Wandering what other people like that have these. What height rings do I need? Thanks...Shuey
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
paulaboutform

Re: Leupold scope ??

Post by paulaboutform »

VX-R ballistic firedot reticle. I got the 3-9×40 because I got a great deal or I would've gotten the 2-7×33. Awesome scopes.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

X2 on the 2x7x33 balistic firedot....... Love it !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Give Dan Miller a call 740-483-2312 . He will tell you all about them. He turned me onto to a Leupold and I never looked back. I have the heavy duplex 2x7x33 Leupold on my Matrix 355. The tip of the top heavy post is for anything from under me out to around 15 yards. Cross hair is sighted dead nuts on for 25. Tip of bottom post is my 35 yard mark. Twenty to thirty I just hold on the vital with the crosshair. Thirty five to forty I use the tip of the bottom heavy post. I am using medium rings.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I use the center reticle for 0-30 yards with a 25 yard zero set on 4x power. I had it on my Equinox before I sold it. Now its on my Matrix 355. The Turkey plex reticle is the Duplex reticle with a small circle in the center. Any of these points can also be used for various ranges if desired.

On my Matrix 355, I use Leupold rifleman detachable low rings to hold my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader NWTF edition scope.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Love my Leupolds. I know that the VX-R Firedot scopes are GREAT scopes,and a great addition to any crossbow, but you can buy a very nice leupold scope, that outshines almost all other brands and not spend near that much money. The VX-I scopes are fine scopes and can be had for a bit over two bills. They are super clear and super bright, pretty light weight and have a FOREVER Warranty that you will probably never need.VX-II scopes are all the above and then some for a few more dollars. Pick the Leupold thats in your budget and go. You wont be disappointed. And in a month or two post back about how great your scope is :lol: I believe you allready.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I started with a VXI 2-7x33 (shotgun/MZ) with the duplex crosshair. On my Phoenix at about 2.5X and with the crosshair zeroed at 25 yards the duplex "posts" (thick to thin transition) were good for 15 & 35 yards.
Any deer from 0-30 yards was dead with the crosshair (25 yard zero) and a "center of the lungs" hold.

I upgraded to a VXII 1-4x20 last year and still use a 25 yard zero, but with the 1-4X scope 2X is about right for the 25/35 yard duplex aiming points.

Normally when hunting I don't even think about the 15/25/35 yard possibilities. I just wait until the deer is inside 30 yards and use the crosshairs. The less this old man has to think about - the better! :lol: :lol:

I'm using medium height steel rings with it.
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X whatever on the Leupolds. I have an older model VXII w/ crossbow reticule that goes from 20-60 yds. It's a 2x7x, and w/ my 400 gr BEE's, it's dead on at the various ranges at 2.5x.

I have to mention Danny Miller had some of these converted to the xbow reticules a long time back. It continues to amaze me that he got the spacing on the reticules dead on.

Hard to describe, but it shoots the same at 40 yds as it does at 30 yds, just need to use the proper reticule.
"Eze 18:21"