Slicktricks Don't Spin True

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Woods

Slicktricks Don't Spin True

Post by Big Woods »

I just bought 9 new slicktrick standard 100 grains as I was having planing issues with my Thunderheads. Of the 9, 2 spin true with no wobble on my spin tester when on my BE Executioner arrows. I haven't shot any of them yet. I'm assuming they will fly poorly being that they wobble when I spin them correct?
GrassyKnoll

Re: Slicktricks Don't Spin True

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Have you checked your inserts to make sure they are installed square?
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,ve never had any problem with tricks spinning great after a little playing with the washers.i have found lots of time it,s in the arrow inserts not being squared or off center a little in the arrow.
If they don,t spin well I don,t shoot them.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm also thinking it's the arrows, not the broadheads. I've had bow tune issues (compounds), arrow issues, but can't say I've ever had slick trick issues. I have both the G5 Squaring tool and the Luminok squaring tool. I prefer the G5 and it's pretty easy to square up both nocks and inserts. Try screwing each of your broadheads into the arrows that were spinning true.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Big Woods wrote:I just bought 9 new slicktrick standard 100 grains as I was having planing issues with my Thunderheads. Of the 9, 2 spin true with no wobble on my spin tester when on my BE Executioner arrows. I haven't shot any of them yet. I'm assuming they will fly poorly being that they wobble when I spin them correct?
Try to back the head out (loosen) spin the washer, re tighten until you get a close too if not a true spin. May take a few attempts.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Big Woods

Post by Big Woods »

Thanks for the suggestions. I will play with the washers and see if that addresses it. The Thunderheads were spinning much better than these. I though it was bad when I could only get about half of them to spin right!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I use Thunderhead with no issue at all. Buddy uses Slicks, no issues. I learned here to square the ends of inserts, would not do it any other way now.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Read the directions on the packages, it does work but can take some time, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Big Woods wrote:I just bought 9 new slicktrick standard 100 grains as I was having planing issues with my Thunderheads. Of the 9, 2 spin true with no wobble on my spin tester when on my BE Executioner arrows. I haven't shot any of them yet. I'm assuming they will fly poorly being that they wobble when I spin them correct?
I tried some 150 grain XBOW Slick Tricks, but they didn't fly well for me. I returned them for a full refund check in the mail. I switched to 170 grain Thunderheads and I am much happier.

SLICK TRICK Policy: If you receive TRICKS and are not pleased in any way, SLICK TRICK refuses to accept your money. Just return them with a note and we will cheerfully replace or refund.

http://www.slicktrick.net/node/27

SLICK TRICK
235 Middle Road
Henrietta, NY 14467
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Huronsteel

Post by Huronsteel »

I've been shooting slick trick 125 mags since they were on the market never had a issue and never missed anything I shoot at with them :wink:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

OK ok turn the washer an 1/8" each time until the runout stops (wobble) they be a pia
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

never had any issues with the slicks. make sure you have blades seated properly.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

as many have said spin the washers, tricks are a great fixed BH and too bad the washers is what is the problem....I have used 125gr mags since I started with my exocet 200 in 2008....I only ever had one not spin true, but a switch of that washer did the trick....get it "DID THE TRICK" ??? :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

How do I know if they spend true? Not sure how to do that or if you need the right equipment. I got good custom arrows and just bought 6 new slick tricks. Going deer hunting next week and want to make sure all is well. It does seem they have a slight gap bewteen the insert and blades and it's screwed in pretty darn tight
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If your blades ar all tight, you're alright. The only thing that would knock them off is not being square on the inserts. You can test them on your finger. Put the tip gently on your finger, and spin the shaft. You will see run out if it exists. Best bet, shoot them at 20 yards once! If they smack the bulls eye, put that one in your quiver! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!