?? Re Plano Manta ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

woodmnctry

?? Re Plano Manta ??

Post by woodmnctry »

I need a durable case to carry my M380 on the four wheeler --- we sometimes run several miles at a pretty good clip over some serious bumpy stuff when we are elk hunting -- need a good case to strap on the ATV ---- the Manta looks huge!----------are there any alternatives??----------has anybody used/tried this case?

TKS
G
paulaboutform

Re: ?? Re Plano Manta ??

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm trying to think of a nice way to strap it to a quad but it's ugly no matter what. I've got a Badlands T2200 pack that holds the M380 beautifully. I think the Excalibur pack would work well also. I'd love to hear what you come up with.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I've got a Manta and it's nickname is the BEAST if that tells you anything. I use it for both keeping it in and traveling in the back of my SUV.

The downside is its size and weight

The good side is that it's not only durable but gets you in shape to drag a deer out if you get one :-)
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I just sold my Mantra, it took up my whole trunk, great if you have a pickup.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

That thing looks to be HUGE!!-------what are the alternatives? A crossbow in general is not easy to carry on an ATV ---UGH!
catcher

Post by catcher »

I recently bought a Manta to bring my 380 with me to Wyoming for prongs . It is a durable case but yes it is big ,but it will fit my Phoenix nicely as well. For the 380 it is probably about 3 inches to wide on each side. Although I would rather have it a little wide than just fit. It wont be my everyday case but for air travel it will work awesome .
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

catcher wrote:I recently bought a Manta to bring my 380 with me to Wyoming for prongs . It is a durable case but yes it is big ,but it will fit my Phoenix nicely as well. For the 380 it is probably about 3 inches to wide on each side. Although I would rather have it a little wide than just fit. It wont be my everyday case but for air travel it will work awesome .
More importantly ---- how was the speed goat hunt?
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

You might consider a double rifle case (which would be much more compact) and simply separate the riser and limbs from the rail. It would only take a min or so to put it back together once you reach your destination. From my limited experience you can take the riser off and put it back on without any change to your poi.

I have the mana case and it is about the only hard case (pre matrix) that would fit an excal properly when fully assembled. I also have a skb quad rifle case which is much more compact and allows me to carry my rifle, shot gun, crossbow and all needed accessories (calls, shells, rangefinder, strings, broad heads, etc) aside from the arrows which I packed separately. Measure the width of your rack and check out the rifle cases, I think you would be much happier with one of those.

Just food for thought.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
catcher

Post by catcher »

woodmnctry wrote:
catcher wrote:I recently bought a Manta to bring my 380 with me to Wyoming for prongs . It is a durable case but yes it is big ,but it will fit my Phoenix nicely as well. For the 380 it is probably about 3 inches to wide on each side. Although I would rather have it a little wide than just fit. It wont be my everyday case but for air travel it will work awesome .
More importantly ---- how was the speed goat hunt?
Have not gone yet ! I leave on Sunday .. Will report back after I get back.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Have not gone yet ! I leave on Sunday .. Will report back after I get back.[/quote]

Great!-- look forward to the report
G
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Did a drive by at the nearest Cabela's last night --- YIKES!!-------that Manta is friggen huge! --- and to open it is a whole different deal --- that is not going to work in the ATV ------need to find something else.
G
Nightstalker

Post by Nightstalker »

StormDragon wrote:I've got a Manta and it's nickname is the BEAST if that tells you anything. I use it for both keeping it in and traveling in the back of my SUV.

The downside is its size and weight

The good side is that it's not only durable but gets you in shape to drag a deer out if you get one :-)

A guy told me you can fit a gutted 10 point white tail in a Manta case and still close it, is that true?............LOL
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

bigredopie wrote:You might consider a double rifle case
I think thats what I will do, I got the Excalibur case but it just does not give much protection, there is not enough padding.

A bow case is another option.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone