lebarons

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

lebarons

Post by warningshot »

pulled the trigger last week and bought 2 new matrix bow from lebarons for the no tax event, i get the bow this week and was charged tax after i had confirmed via phone that this purchase qualified for no tax. im told now that i needed to read fine print on add. that it doesnt include excalibur crossbows, i was `pfft` and `whatevered` by sales person on phone today and basically calling me a liar. anyone ever have this poor customer service at lebarons before and did they ever make it right. i was so excited to get my new bow. but not now, doubt i will ever step into there stores again after my rude treatment
galamb

Re: lebarons

Post by galamb »

The attitude at Lebaron's has gone steadily down hill over the past number of years.

Now the Hunting section of their stores is about the size of public washroom.

Also, if you shop around, their prices are not all that great either.

I did see their ad and yes, it does state that Excalibur, Canada Goose and other items already on special were "exempt" from the no-tax sale.

If you made your order over the phone I would once again call customer service, ask to talk to someone further up the food chain and ask them if their calls are recorded "for training and quality purposes".

If so I would insist that the "rep" over rode whatever "printed deal" existed when they confirmed that the order would ship tax-free and they should honor the obvious error made by "them" - even if it was "verbally".
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

When the Matrix 405 was introduced back in February, not one but two Lebaron employees from two different stores quoted me the price of the bow only and stated that it was for the full "kit". I had tell them that they were mistaken. Unfortunately, I've found that sales clerks at most larger sporting goods are ill informed.

However at that time the NO-TAX event did include Excalibur bows and I bought the 405. Whether it does now, I can't tell you.

In any case, I've noticed that Sail also has a no-tax event and they also sell Excaliburs.

Edited: Just went to their website no-tax extended to Sept. 11. - However:

*Does not apply to items already on special, ammunition, reloading components, Excalibur, Canada Goose, OSC- Canadian Spirit.
Valid on in-stock merchandise only. Other exceptions may apply. All sales final.
*Le Baron will pay the equivalent of the HST (Ontario) or GST & PST (Quebec).
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I will certainly NEVER buy anything from them. Thanks for the heads up. These stores fail to see the value of customer service.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

when i ordered i was told that it was time sensitive and that i had to order that day to get the deal of no tax on the bows as it was ending that day. i spoke with the sales person then the sales manager then the warehouse manage and never got anywhere and nobody wanted to listen to my side either,i went up the chain but got nowhere and it was a mistake on my part in not reading the add fully . i called instead, and asked for confirmation and got it and bought the product. if anyone has a contact email for someone at lebarons please pm me. they have a chance to make it right with me!!

[quote="paulaboutform"]Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I will certainly NEVER buy anything from them. Thanks for the heads up. These stores fail to see the value of customer service.[/quote]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

[quote="ComfyBear"]When the Matrix 405 was introduced back in February, not one but two Lebaron employees from two different stores quoted me the price of the bow only and stated that it was for the full "kit". I had tell them that they were mistaken. Unfortunately, I've found that sales clerks at most larger sporting goods are ill informed.

However at that time the NO-TAX event did include Excalibur bows and I bought the 405. Whether it does now, I can't tell you.

In any case, I've noticed that Sail also has a no-tax event and they also sell Excaliburs.

Edited: Just went to their website no-tax extended to Sept. 11. - However:
Comfy, I overheard this past weekend a salesman tell a newbie in the archery dept. at Cabelas, " The threads in the inserts of all arrows was a common thread........8-36!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Go find summa dim!
munch

Post by munch »

do they have a return policy .sounds like thats what needs to happen and remember them in the future
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I have had many bad experiences there. I still go back for certain things because they are less than 5 min away from my work. but the same thing almost happened to me...sorry about your experience.

F

Post by newbie »

Ive had nothing but good dealing with them. Bought two rifles and two bows from them. I find lots of things much cheaper then other big box stores. I agree that most employees are ill informed just there to put their time in and dont know their head from their backside. If I want to know something I need to know before I go to any store saves me headaches.
was this purchase made in store or on the phone?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
FISH-ON

Post by FISH-ON »

Horrible customer service...usually you have to scream & yell to get your way which is not right. They even give you a hard time on returns with a reciept, extremely frustrating
With all these big box stores opening up, I can't understand why the customer service is so poor it should be the exact opposite
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

fyi sail has a no tax but not on amo or crossbows. and after an email to lebarons last night lebarons took care of me the way they should have ,so not so bitter anymore..
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

warningshot wrote:fyi sail has a no tax but not on amo or crossbows. and after an email to lebarons last night lebarons took care of me the way they should have ,so not so bitter anymore..
Glad it worked out in your favour!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen