Onestringer wraps?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Taylmatr

Onestringer wraps?

Post by Taylmatr »

Decided to try wraps this yr instead of lighted nocks due to the weight savings. My question is are they durable enough to use on my practice arrows too or should I just use them on my hunting and make sure they shoot same poi?
one shot scott

Re: Onestringer wraps?

Post by one shot scott »

I use the same company's wraps on my compound arrows, but I of course don't get the same kind of penetration. But the wraps are good quality. I think you'd be ok.

I got the reflective wraps and have found that you have to be careful taking them off the protective backing and transferring to the arrow, or they will distort/stretch slightly
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Taylmatr

Post by Taylmatr »

I just got the flo orange and flo pink to try out. Never used them before so I'm sure there will be a learning curve!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I have been shooting Big Johns that are wrapped along with some wraps created by the Decal Guyz in NJ...I have found that they are fairly durable...Lets face it though they are a wrap...I would think that sooner or later there will be issues...and when those issues rear their ugly head and start to come off they will take the fletching with them. Not such a big deal since I now make my own arra's...

Curious what the Excalibur professors have to say....

BTW my wrap from Decal Guyz comes to 8.6g on a 6" wrap....I believe the lumenok is 28.? (from memory)....total weight w/ lumenok, 92g indexed insert and 100G Spitfire 415G...all the ones i made came out w/in .4 grain of each other....had to be a coincidence because I did it! :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I've been using Onestringer wraps for three years now...no issues. :D
I have them on my practice arra's & on my hunting ones. The only thing i see is the rail will wear a line in the wraps after a few shots but it's a non issue.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
sullyy

Post by sullyy »

I use those wraps and like them too!

What do you mean instead of a lighted nock though. I don't find they help me see them in flight at all. But the white wraps I use made it easy to find (this week) the one I shot through a deer last year that burried in the snow.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If you are worried about durability, you can use a "double dogg" with them. ( its a clear thin overwrap that aids durability) They do seem to make the wraps much tougher.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

sullyy wrote:I use those wraps and like them too!

What do you mean instead of a lighted nock though. I don't find they help me see them in flight at all. But the white wraps I use made it easy to find (this week) the one I shot through a deer last year that burried in the snow.
It doesnt help much seeing it in flight but helps a lot locating your arrow afterwards (in low light of course), the reflective wraps light up with a flashlight from way off.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Taylmatr

Post by Taylmatr »

I'm just worried about finding the arrow afterwards. Seem to be a bit tricky to find when shot from groundlevel blinds at game.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

That is the problem with shooting an Excalibur . We keep going through the deer and burying our arrows in the dirt . :D Even with lumenoks I have had to dig for arrows . I use wraps and lighted nocks . As previously said there will be slight wear marks on wrap .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus