Just got off the phone with Dan Miller

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

Just got off the phone with Dan Miller

Post by BrotherRon »

I thought he was gonna send me some serving wax, but now he says he doesn't want me to use anything on the serving or the rail. He says to use wax on the string but not the serving. I realize this will help keep debris out of the trigger mechanism, but I'm wondering how much this will affect arrow speed?

Thanks
Ron.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
paulaboutform

Re: Just got off the phone with Dan Miller

Post by paulaboutform »

Hey BR, speed won't be affected. I believe Danny Miller doesn't want to see the serving get waxed and says 'very little to no wax on string' because he's seen people overload with wax then it gets into the trigger mechanism. Use common sense. Apply wax to your string occasionally as needed and rub it in with your fingers until it feels hot and the string looks wet. Wipe off any excess wax with either paper towel or a micro fibre cloth. The center serving may require a light coating of wax, like Dalton's; occasionally and also rub it in well. The key is not to over do it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

BrotherRon wrote:I thought he was gonna send me some serving wax, but now he says he doesn't want me to use anything on the serving or the rail. He says to use wax on the string but not the serving. I realize this will help keep debris out of the trigger mechanism, but I'm wondering how much this will affect arrow speed?

Thanks
Ron.

NONE....

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bubba

Post by bubba »

Ron,Dan miller is truly a one of a kind guy. who has helped me a few times, along with great prices on a lot of stuff. but not everyone agrees with his use of wax, Me for one as far i feel about wax is this. I have always used it from compounds to recurves. but very lightly. I use it after around 30 to 40 shots on my serving. rub it in very well until you feel it getting warm, and just use a little! I think it helps the serving to last longer. and I also wax my string lightly every 100 or so shots. As far as speed goes just like anything you put on it will slow your f.p.s. a few feet. But I wouldn't worry about a few f.p.s. you have a 310!! it's gonna still be plenty fast to kill any thing in the woods!! There will be people on this forum with different views, but I believe most use a little wax hear and there.. Good luck bub!! ......bubba......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

OK, thanks everyone. :D
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Wax on Wax off-Wax on Wax off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Worked for Mr. Miyagi everytime.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

UPSMAN wrote:Wax on Wax off-Wax on Wax off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Worked for Mr. Miyagi everytime.
Thanks for reminding me Upstman, my truck needs a good detailing. Does anyone need karate lessons? :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

BrotherRon wrote:I thought he was gonna send me some serving wax, but now he says he doesn't want me to use anything on the serving or the rail. He says to use wax on the string but not the serving. I realize this will help keep debris out of the trigger mechanism, but I'm wondering how much this will affect arrow speed?

Thanks
Ron.

you can use dry silicone on your rail it will not collect dirt and seems to make the rail more slippery. I use jigAloo spray. spray on rag then wipe the rail. I have not done any type of testing but it sure feels slipperier to me. jmo
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:

Thanks
Ron.

NONE....

Wes

that's the law folks !!!! it don't get no better'n than that !!!!
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.