Ignitor (NuFletch) nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deerstalker

Ignitor (NuFletch) nocks

Post by Deerstalker »

I installed some Ignitor nocks from NuFletch onto my 20" BEEs and the POI is exactly the same as with the BEE plastic nocks that came with the arrows from South Shore. These nocks are very easy to turn off as all you have to do is remove the flat plastic part of the nock, pull out the lit insert, and gently pull on the lighted end to turn them off. To remove the original nocks I used a 1/8" SS welding rod inserted through the length of the arrow and lightly tap the end of the rod after heating the nock with hot water. The only problem I see is that you have to be careful and not drop the insert when turning off the light. The green color LEDs are rated at 50 hours of light and every one that I tried worked perfectly. I would recommend this product for anyone that wants a lighted arrow. 1-877-353-8244 for info on these nocks.

The BEEs require the .300 ID for crossbow bolts with a flat nock.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Backstraps

Re: Ignitor (NuFletch) nocks

Post by Backstraps »

I have Ignitors trailing all of my hunting arrows and I think they are awesome. Simple, dependable, and durable, just like my Excalibur crossbow.

http://www.shop.nufletch.us/IGNITOR-Lig ... LN-300.htm

Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I see both of you guys are shooting BEE,s.

Did you have to do anything to the nocks before inserting them I.E sand the sides down or put paper in between the nock and arrow wall as a wedge or did they "slip" in nice and easy and snug?

The orange ones have my attention and fit with the black and orange theme I some how have going on.

I figure even I dont shoot anything I can at least look good and match doing it LOL

Thanks
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

I shoot a combination of BEE's and Deer Crossing Archery arrows. Both are .300 ID and I had to do the grocery bag thing on both of them. You can glue the aluminum insert in if you prefer but I have found the grocery sack trick to work just as well. I would rather do this than have to file down the inside of the shaft to get them to fit. Just one layer of plastic walmart sack normally does the trick.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Backstraps wrote:I shoot a combination of BEE's and Deer Crossing Archery arrows. Both are .300 ID and I had to do the grocery bag thing on both of them. You can glue the aluminum insert in if you prefer but I have found the grocery sack trick to work just as well. I would rather do this than have to file down the inside of the shaft to get them to fit. Just one layer of plastic walmart sack normally does the trick.
Thanks,

I shoot BEE,s so that def helps. Im guessing you would just put the bag over the hole and push the insert down into the arrow with the bag beneath it until its seated and then trim the bag?

This wont get loose over time?

Thanks
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

This is what I did on the BEEs after the old nock had been removed. I test fitted the Ignitor nock and then pulled it 3/4 way out and added a drop of crazy glue and reinserted. I did NOT have to do any sanding/filing to get them to fit the BEEs.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Normous

Post by Normous »

What is the weight in grains?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Normous wrote:What is the weight in grains?
....I believe they are 39G...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Deerstalker wrote:I installed some Ignitor nocks from NuFletch onto my 20" BEEs and the POI is exactly the same as with the BEE plastic nocks that came with the arrows from South Shore. These nocks are very easy to turn off as all you have to do is remove the flat plastic part of the nock, pull out the lit insert, and gently pull on the lighted end to turn them off. To remove the original nocks I used a 1/8" SS welding rod inserted through the length of the arrow and lightly tap the end of the rod after heating the nock with hot water. The only problem I see is that you have to be careful and not drop the insert when turning off the light. The green color LEDs are rated at 50 hours of light and every one that I tried worked perfectly. I would recommend this product for anyone that wants a lighted arrow. 1-877-353-8244 for info on these nocks.

The BEEs require the .300 ID for crossbow bolts with a flat nock.
...seems like a good product...my concern is the same as deerstalker addresses...and we know these things can happen...there does seem to be enough forum members who use and are happy with them to possibly give them consideration....

...again with that being said I love my lumenocks and I think they approximately 10+ grains lighter....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

are you shooting BEA or BEE's?
I just want to make sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

luminoks are 29gr. flat nock
Nufletch are 39gr. fat nock

luminoks need plier to turn off and no arrow mods
Nufletch need insert but no plier to turn off.

everyone is different on what they like, try them to find the one you like and fit you.
stop wining, start shining :roll:
this tread sound like you're trying to sell a product or trying to have some free shipment from the company.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I find it great listening to everyone's opinions and personally don't take it as whining unless you start complaining or attacking others...the more you hear the more you find out what everyone's thoughts are...it then gives you the information about whether there is something else out there worth trying....

....sought of like your very own testing lab!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jray

Post by Jray »

I like the Ignitors also. Just wish they would make them for 2219s.
By the way.....what is a BEA?

[quote="cdn.redneck"]are you shooting BEA or BEE's?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Jray wrote:I like the Ignitors also. Just wish they would make them for 2219s.
By the way.....what is a BEA?

cdn.redneck wrote:are you shooting BEA or BEE's?
I thought BEA stood for the company: Black Eagle Archery that manufactures the

BEE: Black Eagle Executioner....but I could be wrong.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Jray

Post by Jray »

Swamp Donky wrote:BEA also make the BEZ's... :D
Among others... :wink:

http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/category-s/1814.htm
shooter00

Post by shooter00 »

I've seen absolutely no difference in that 10 or so grains for flight or POI going from Lumenoks to the Ignitors on my 20" Zombies with the 100 grain SpitFires...YMMV

I just like the idea of being able to replace the little light stick if a bulb craps out instead of the whole nock.

I talked to a guy at Nufletch about spares and he said the sticks are $4 and they would put whatever I needed in an envelope so shipping would just be the cost of a stamp.

I searched around the net for the sticks which are listed as 327's (3mm wide x 27mm long) and could not find any North American vendors.
If someone else that's using them has found a better price be sure and let us know...