old exomag limb ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

b44mag

old exomag limb ?

Post by b44mag »

new owner here just traded for a old exomag with the trailcover camo :D :D it has a little splinter on the left limb . I called about limbs and am going to get a set of magtip limbs with new string soon. the 1st ? is do I need the dispater? limbs that go in front of the limbs. this crossbow does not have them. not sure if the magtip limbs need them. I see all the crossbows have them now. any info would help. also any thing you could tell me that would make my crossbow 101 easier. I know nothing. I have been reading everything I can to learn. no one here that I know knows anything about them. HELP :lol: :lol:
thanks b44mag
Backstraps

Re: old exomag limb ?

Post by Backstraps »

You don't NEED the dbars. They are there to help quiet vibration and to protect the limbs in case of a dry fire. If you do not have an anti dry fire device on your crossbow, you might consider putting one on. Just one more level of protection.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome to the forum!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
b44mag

Post by b44mag »

I don't think I have a dry fire thing the safety has a flip up fire down safe. I cocked it last night with a string and no bolt in channel. I put safety up and pulled the trigger it left the hook go. so no dry fire I guess. thanks for the forum welcome. im brand new to crossbows so im sure lots of ?s are on the way. heres #2? bolts I got some 2219 and fire bolts with the trade . they have 150 broadheads . this crossbow has the carved tip limbs on it now. how heavy should my bolts be ?. I also have some 19 inch 2219s does it matter the length the fire bolts are 20 inch. confused here :?
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

b44mag wrote:I don't think I have a dry fire thing the safety has a flip up fire down safe. I cocked it last night with a string and no bolt in channel. I put safety up and pulled the trigger it left the hook go. so no dry fire I guess. ..... confused here :?
If I understand what you said... you cocked the bow, then without loading an arrow you pulled the trigger. :shock: :shock: :shock:

If that's the case....Welcome to the Dry-fire Club . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes you had your first dry-fire.. :oops: Check your string and limbs for any damage.

Hopefully you got lucky and didn't do any damage.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
b44mag

Post by b44mag »

no no no I put a loose string in the groove to cock the hook over it then I put tension on it with no bolt in the crossbow then pulled the trigger it fired the loose string I hope I never dry fire it but I read it happens to the best and the new :lol: :lol: :lol: but thanks for the welcome to the dry fire club lol
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Phew that's good to hear. BTW until you get your magtips limbs, make sure you are using ONLY a dacron string and NOT a HMPE (Dyneema, AstroFlight, etc.) one on the carved limbs.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

b44mag

Post by b44mag »

it came with the string on it not sure what kind but think its the right one ?. im reading so much searching everything that has exomag in it its frying my brain. hoping I can get a manual for this old crossbow ? and wanting to know how heavy and long my bolts should be. have some at 20 some at 19 1 at 19 1/2 as comfusing as a longbow :lol: :lol:
b44mag

Post by b44mag »

hey comfy I sent you a pm HELP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well its yer excal you can shoot it loaded or unloaded wid extra strings hanging off each end don't matter to me. I do have a nice set of carved tip exomag limbs to sell if'en you getstid interested. I even make strings fer diff models. So dry fire all you want to or not. :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

bb44mag....Here's was retro-history for you.

That should help you know a bit more about your Exomag. :wink:
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

b44mag

Post by b44mag »

thanks comfy that's some of the info I was looking for cool beans and vixen how much for the limbs ????. what kinda strings you make. im thinking of ordering a set of the new magtip limbs. you make strings for them ???? . 2 or 3 color Flemish might be able to swing a new string from you after I cough up for limbs. if you got colors what you got??
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

In the past, I used to make strings to sell. Now I make them just for my own use.
I make only two colour/bundle Flemish Twist strings for Excalibur Exo-series (with magtip limbs) and Matrix crossbows.

Occasionally I will put some up for sale. In fact I have some for sale on the trading post now.

Check out this link to see them:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =4&t=54652
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

b44mag

Post by b44mag »

saweet strings comfy
I like the orange ones
when I get the magtip limbs
if you still have one ill get one from you.
keep the factory one for spare always need a spare in the pack and maybe a extra one in the drawer :lol: :lol:
anyone make few color strings for the carved tip limbs ???
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

The dbars were put on many bows in order to prevent damage to the limbs in the event that the bow it dry fired. Which does tend to happen to all of us at one time or other btw. It seems to help reduce the vibration and I guess reduce the damage to the bow limbs. A new answer to this problem is the sts, reds, or baby buggy bumper depending on who you get them from. They are worth every penny, and give you a quick reference guide for the string brace height. Just keep the string and eight inch or so away and you should be fine. Closer and you can split them and will need a new set of rubbers.

They are cheaper, easy to work with, lighter and do actually help with both vibration and dry fire.

The dbars a lot of folks have taken theirs off as their biggest contribution seems to be a bit of added weight to the front of the bow. Leave them on and the now unstrung and it will warp your limbs so there is a definite down side to them.

Just my well,I guess a bit more than, two cents :mrgreen:
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em