New M380, new to crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Holston

New M380, new to crossbows

Post by Holston »

Hi all, just found this site, being a new Excalibur owner, I figured I would join.

Anyway, long time hunter/shooter, but I'm pretty much new to crossbows. Been hunting with a compound for 15 years or so, I was tired of having to drag my stands miles back in the woods and I don't have near the time anymore in the off season to practice. Thinking a xbow might help me out in those 2 areas.

Anyway, sorta on a whim, I bought a new Matrix 380 this morning, put it together, and shot it about 30 times today. Man, I couldn't believe the accuracy. Didn't plan on carrying it this saturday, but after hitting 3/4" dots time after time at 30 yards, I might just pick me up some broadheads in the next few days and leave the compound at home.

Can't wait to try it on out there at 50 yards or so, but gotta get a little sleep before work tonight.

Anyways, figured I'd drop a line here before I do some browsing for tips/tricks and do's/don't's.
longbow

Re: New M380, new to crossbows

Post by longbow »

Welcome, you bought a great bow.
Aim Small-Miss Small
Matrix 330
Axiom SMF
Nikon Bolt
TT Hunter 2.5
Vixenmaster Strings
Holston

Post by Holston »

Anyone have any recommendations for broadheads?

Planned on trying to find some 150 gr Slick Tricks, beings I've not had any complaints with their heads out of my compounds.

Will be shooting factory string and bolts this year, if that makes a difference.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

hey feller welcome to the camp!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Try Striker mags, index to clear stirrup or Grizztrick2 or Swhacker 2" 100 gr or NAP FOC!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315