Red Dot Scope ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow

Red Dot Scope ?

Post by longbow »

Hello all. I've bought a lot of red dots over the years and end up trashing them. It seems every time I try one on my excal, the dots don't line up straight. Am I doing something wrong? Or are there no good ones left. Thanks for your help.
longbow
Aim Small-Miss Small
Matrix 330
Axiom SMF
Nikon Bolt
TT Hunter 2.5
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Re: Red Dot Scope ?

Post by vixenmaster »

Most of the cheaper one's are junk. I have n use a Millet SP2 single red dot 30mm, it does fine. I used it while shooting the Doe i got on the 19th. Ultradot is better & is reasonable in price fer a 4 moa, work very well. My eyes are about to the pt i need to stay wid a scope.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:Most of the cheaper one's are junk. I have n use a Millet SP2 single red dot 30mm, it does fine. I used it while shooting the Doe i got on the 19th. Ultradot is better & is reasonable in price fer a 4 moa, work very well. My eyes are about to the pt i need to stay wid a scope.
X2 Most of the tactical red dots should work fine but are kinda pricey.
longbow

Post by longbow »

It's the mounts...After looking it over, I think all the mounting bases are very different. They don't fit all rails. Oh well, another wasted endeavor. Thanks
for your input.
longbow
Aim Small-Miss Small
Matrix 330
Axiom SMF
Nikon Bolt
TT Hunter 2.5
Vixenmaster Strings
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have an ecotech xbow sight on one of my bows its pretty slick it has 20 brightness settings
galamb

Post by galamb »

I have been using an NCStar DB4 multi-reticle since I bought my Vixen II a number of years back.

Using the second reticle displayed, with the center dot zeroed to 25 yards I get 15 yards (zeroed) where the center circle meets the vertical hash and 33 yards where the center circle meets the lower vertical hash mark (on my set-up - will vary of course with bow speed).

Not a high end scope by any means (have come down in price but think I paid close to 100 bucks back when they were the "new thing").

It fits the standard Excal rail and works well enough that I have put arrows on top of each other at 25 yards, has stayed well "locked down" and have never had to adjust except in the case of arrow change.

I always have an issue with "relief" when using a (regular) scope, the red dot takes that problem away, plus I love shooting with both eyes open (try that with a standard scope).
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
longbow

Post by longbow »

Cool looking scope, I'll give it a try on my Axiom. Thanks

longbow
Aim Small-Miss Small
Matrix 330
Axiom SMF
Nikon Bolt
TT Hunter 2.5
Vixenmaster Strings
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

bob watkins wrote:i have an ecotech xbow sight on one of my bows its pretty slick it has 20 brightness settings
Yep after trying a cheap red dot i went with an Eotech as well . pricey but it's well made and batteries last a long time . they they are fast and simple to change in the field with gloved hands as well .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads