My Excal Matrix Blew Up!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

My Excal Matrix Blew Up!

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats what the new ppl. say it were the Bows n Excals fault. Of course they didn't read about setting the brace ht. thats too much info to digest. You can put bumpers on them you can put the guardian on them you can load an arrow in them but you can't control the shooter! Jus reading threads about that gives me a bad headache
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: My Excal Matrix Blew Up!

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Mike, have you or anyone reading this soon. Seen the manual that comes with the '14 models. Does it state anything about proper brace height? I would have to think YES. Anyone..thanks
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I can't remember what mine said its been 5 months since i was reading in it. I saw the low brace ht line on my rail right off the bat. But i put Millers Buggy Bumpers on mine so it stays above the brace line 3/16". Every time i look at Marie or pick her up thats the 1st thing i look at. The brace ht.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

Imagine the headaches Dawn and Peter get everyday!
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

When i got mine and after putting it together i couldn't put the Danny Miller bumpers on cause the brace height was way too low.

but have to admit i had been on the forum bout 3 months prior to getting it so i had the heads up . . .plus i asked questions on the forum if'n i wasn't sure. maybe its the "together thing" like w/ wheeled xbows, just go out and shoot? or excited to shoot?

ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Problem is that most men don't read the entire manual, unless they hit a snag! :shock: I am not advocating that, I personally do read the entire manual, and take the time to fully understand my equipment that is designed to kill. This must be a huge headache for Excalibur, and hopefully the end users will get better information from the stores they buy from going forward. I think Excalibur has done all they can do buy supplying manuals, and DVD's, as well as the information on this forum. Perhaps there is more that can be done!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

Unfortunately, product usage goes hand in hand with product liability. In the case of DVD's, instruction manuals and E-mail addresses, you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. You also can't fix stupid.......I always find it funny that someone who has problems with a product will drop everything and go on a forum to publicly complain, but won't use the same keyboard to correct the problem by just doing a little research? Go figure.
Have crossbows will travel
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It looks as though the maximum speed/power has been achieved.
Not every user that has problems posts about it, and not every problem is user error.
I know of one experienced user who had his limbs splinter beyond use just carrying the bow, cocked, within the last 24 hours.
The amount of stored energy in theses things is intense, not leaving much room for error.
Be safe no matter what you shoot.
Failure can happen at a moments notice, be prepared even if your bow is in perfect condition.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
grouse

Post by grouse »

Is there more emphasis on brace height with matrix bows than there is with older models? When I bought my axiom a little less than 3 years ago I watched the video and followed the instructions and I haven't had any problems, but I remember having a little trouble figuring what "brace height" was when I first came across the term. Height is a vertical measurement and what you are actually measuring is horizontal and tight against a surface. Brace height may b e vitally important, but I had to go to the Q&A portion of my manual to find out what the brace height of my axiom should be. There was no mention of it anywhere else.

Some of the comments I've seen here appear to me to be a bit condescending. It is fine to tinker with your bow with trigger adjustments, specially made arrows, upgrade scopes etc., but most of us just want to put the bow together, screw some broadheads on the arrows that came with it, take a few shots to sight it in, and go hunting.

Just my thoughts.
axiom
350 SE
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Pydpiper wrote:It looks as though the maximum speed/power has been achieved.
Not every user that has problems posts about it, and not every problem is user error.
Exactly.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
hard2draw

Post by hard2draw »

William Biggs wrote:Imagine the headaches Dawn and Peter get everyday!
Meh, excal's are a high quality fairly simple bow can you imagine the issues that makers of more complicated and somewhat more questionable quality wheel bows have to deal with (or not) :shock:
strum

Post by strum »

hard2draw wrote:
William Biggs wrote:Imagine the headaches Dawn and Peter get everyday!
Meh, excal's are a high quality fairly simple bow can you imagine the issues that makers of more complicated and somewhat more questionable quality wheel bows have to deal with (or not) :shock:

agreed.. at least with the Excals it..oh lets get you some limbs...not ..well we will have to replace cams ,string, harness and get it timed and ect...should have you shooting in 2 - 3weeks :shock: ive seen it with some of my friends.
then they get the bows back and still not right. send them back in. :( :(
thank you Excalibur for making it simple..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Mike, have you or anyone reading this soon. Seen the manual that comes with the '14 models. Does it state anything about proper brace height? I would have to think YES. Anyone..thanks
Yes.... page 9 :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
rein1

Post by rein1 »

vixenmaster wrote:Thats what the new ppl. say it were the Bows n Excals fault. Of course they didn't read about setting the brace ht. thats too much info to digest. You can put bumpers on them you can put the guardian on them you can load an arrow in them but you can't control the shooter! Jus reading threads about that gives me a bad headache
I have to agree with you on this,,,when I purchase my 405 I must have went over the instructions at least 6 times.I then went on this forum and quickly learned more about setting up my new matrix. Setting the bh is no big deal but it seems a good percentage of Excalibur dealers dont pay attention to themselves.. The part that gets me is when a newbie starts attacking the people on this forum who are trying to help him out. I would dare to say 99% of broken tips are the owners fault for not reading the instructions,,,
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Suggestion, Maybe a simple wrap around tag placed right at the string serving by Excaliber which could read " DANGER maintaining proper string brace height is essential to prevent severe bow limb damage or serious personal injury. Read owners manual"
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger