Help with stringing aid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nyexhunter

Help with stringing aid

Post by nyexhunter »

Just recently got back from vacation and got a chance to start putting together the Matrix 330 that I got from Wyvern. I watched the video and read the manual, however, I am having difficulty with getting the string loop back on after I take one end of the string off to make adjustments.

I believe the stringing aid is from Danny Miller as his name is at the bottom of the instructions. Says for the Matrix 355 or 380 the length should be 34". I made the stringing aid a little shorter than that and took the string off, however, I am struggling to get it back on as the loop on one end of the string is too tight to slide over the end of the limb when the string aid is cocked.

In watching the videos, it looks so easy with plenty of slack in the string as it goes over the limb tip with no problem.

The good news is that I am getting good practice at cocking and uncocking the crossbow. Hopefully, with some expert advice I can become proficient at putting the string back on after adding twists.

Thanks in advance for the anticipated advice.
LongCarbine

Re: Help with stringing aid

Post by LongCarbine »

Is the loop on the string to tight or you can't get the string over the limb tip ? if it's the latter just shorten your stringing aid a little more .
Jim
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I ain't never measured the distance to set the string aid. What i do is put one end on my left side mag tip limb 1st. Then i take the other end over to the right limb mag tip & i adjust it so the stringing aid barely makes its over the mag tip. I tighten down the stringing aid pulling all excess through & throw couple half hitches in it on the main line run. Then i put my rope cocker hooks open facing up & cock the Bow push safety on!!! Then i take my right side string loop off the mag tip & twist it ccwise til the brace ht is 1/4" above my buggy bumpers. Then i uncock my Bow
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

And I do the same thing that vixenmaster does and have never had a problem.........bubba.........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like the stringing tool needs to be shortened a bit. Untwist the string enough to get it on. Lower the bow. Tighten the rope about 1/2" and try it again.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Success!!

Thanks so much for the advice.

There is a lot of stretch in the stringing aid, so I shortened it up another inch or so to compensate for the stretch and I was then able to deal with the string as easily as it was done in the video.

Hopefully someone else can benefit from my learning.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like you're on your way! Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Venango41

Post by Venango41 »

Check the video of the stringing aid use, and pay special attention to the loop and where it is in relation to the scope. Shorten it to match the video - it worked for me. Same with the cocking aid.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

vixenmaster wrote:I ain't never measured the distance to set the string aid. What i do is put one end on my left side mag tip limb 1st. Then i take the other end over to the right limb mag tip & i adjust it so the stringing aid barely makes its over the mag tip. I tighten down the stringing aid pulling all excess through & throw couple half hitches in it on the main line run. Then i put my rope cocker hooks open facing up & cock the Bow push safety on!!! Then i take my right side string loop off the mag tip & twist it ccwise til the brace ht is 1/4" above my buggy bumpers. Then i uncock my Bow
X's 2! :) . . .and welcome to the camp!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly