Correct brace hight for 330?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Correct brace hight for 330?

Post by bobcattrapper »

I read different stuff.Ok there is that line on the 330.I have Miller bumpers.If I go about 2 credit card width of the bumpers its still on the line.Aren't you suppose to be behind the line? So then should I go 1/4" factory string keeps stretching and I'm about to go hunting soon. :mrgreen: So I want it set for next week.Lots of really nice bucks on my trail cams. :shock: I wish I could post some pics but for some reason this site is not user friendy with that.I can email someone a few if they would be so kind to post em for me.Funny how everyone wants to come to Kansas and they pay big money like 3 to 5 grand to shoot a buck.And I can't find no one local I can depend on to hunt with me on 175 acrea private land loaded with deer!!!!!!!!!!It just keeps getting too hard for me as I age to not have any help. Ok just tell me currect brace height thanks! :?
paulaboutform

Re: Correct brace hight for 330?

Post by paulaboutform »

Hey there BCT, I suggest setting your brace height at 1/2" away from the bumpers to start. This will preload the string and make it stabilize faster. I'd set the brace height at 1/4" from the bumpers as a finished point. If you initially set it exactly where you want it you'll be frustrated and chasing it for all the string stretch. That's why I'd exaggerate the initial B.H..
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Thanks! Its not like its new.I got the 330 shortly after they came out.String keeps stretching.Getting better though.I'll twist it up one more time to about a 1/4" off bumpers.Hope the deer like that ok.I really see no difference in impact at least to 25yds.I don't and don't really need to shoot past 30yds.Heck I got one buck on trail cam a couple days I set up one blind about 10 feet looking in it. lol
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

nothing wrong with twice the width of the string from the bumper. never had problem that way it shoot well.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Bayou Boy

Post by Bayou Boy »

Same issue here with my 330 string keeps stretching . I purchased my 330 from cabelas a couple months ago and had them intstall the Ex pads for me the strings cut the pads up so I took it to the local bow shop replace the string and pads. I had them set brace height 1/2 . I shot it about 15 time string stretch as expected took it back for more twist and from overnight sitting in bow case string stretched some more. WOW didn't even shoot it since and stretch some more. I purchase this brand for bullet proff bow and I have been at the bow shop three times and haven't made a hunt with it yet. I'm having some concernes about this issue maybe should of purchased a compound bow instead .
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

Bayou Boy wrote:Same issue here with my 330 string keeps stretching . I purchased my 330 from cabelas a couple months ago and had them intstall the Ex pads for me the strings cut the pads up so I took it to the local bow shop replace the string and pads. I had them set brace height 1/2 . I shot it about 15 time string stretch as expected took it back for more twist and from overnight sitting in bow case string stretched some more. WOW didn't even shoot it since and stretch some more. I purchase this brand for bullet proff bow and I have been at the bow shop three times and haven't made a hunt with it yet. I'm having some concernes about this issue maybe should of purchased a compound bow instead .
Bayou Boy, just buy the stringing aid and adjust the brace height yourself, it's very simple to do. I Would set it 3/4 from where the riser meets the rail,and that should put your string 1/4 from you pads. Also when you adjust it take a black marker and put a mark on the side of your rail, that way you know if your string has moved forward,and then you know where to set it each time.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
strum

Post by strum »

Bayou Boy wrote:Same issue here with my 330 string keeps stretching . I purchased my 330 from cabelas a couple months ago and had them intstall the Ex pads for me the strings cut the pads up so I took it to the local bow shop replace the string and pads. I had them set brace height 1/2 . I shot it about 15 time string stretch as expected took it back for more twist and from overnight sitting in bow case string stretched some more. WOW didn't even shoot it since and stretch some more. I purchase this brand for bullet proff bow and I have been at the bow shop three times and haven't made a hunt with it yet. I'm having some concernes about this issue maybe should of purchased a compound bow instead .
the beauty of an Excalibur..get the stringing aid and never walk into a bow shop again.. twist that string up to 1/2 or even 3/4 off the bumpers ...it may work its way back down but if it does then it only takes a min to throw a couple more twists in the string. if your used to compound bows you know that any little change can effect them drastically ..this is not so with the recurve excals. don't be afraid to do this your self..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
DES

Post by DES »

bobcattrapper wrote:Thanks! Its not like its new.I got the 330 shortly after they came out.String keeps stretching.Getting better though.I'll twist it up one more time to about a 1/4" off bumpers.Hope the deer like that ok.I really see no difference in impact at least to 25yds.I don't and don't really need to shoot past 30yds.Heck I got one buck on trail cam a couple days I set up one blind about 10 feet looking in it. lol
I also got one of the first 330's out and it is still stretching after approx 80 shots. My brace was at 1" and I foolishly untwisted the string to get it to 5/8" and have been putting twists back in it ever since, should've left it alone lol!
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Here's my advice , Set the BH to 1 in. from riser/rail gap and sight it in . As the string stretches and BH lessens you'll see very little change in POI at normal hunting ranges . when it gets to close to bumpers twist it back to 1 in. again . Use a mark on rail to determine the measurements .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If your brace height is too high, you will loose a FEW fps. If it is too low you can damage your bow. Whats a couple fps? X2 on getting a stringing aid. All Excal shooters ought to have one.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

flightattendant100 wrote:If your brace height is too high, you will loose a FEW fps. If it is too low you can damage your bow. Whats a couple fps? X2 on getting a stringing aid. All Excal shooters ought to have one.

Excal should have one with every bow they sell.....
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
tipnchip

Post by tipnchip »

x3 on the string aid. Because of disability I got the crank with my 330 and after driving about 60 miles round trip a few times to get string set rite I got the string aid. I now check my wifes new 330 ,and mine, each time before going to the stand and make any adjustment needed. It takes maybe 5 min. for both bows.