First crossbow deer need help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerskinner

Re: First crossbow deer need help

Post by deerskinner »

I know how you feel,I lost a nice buck two years ago.It made we sick,it happens
sometimes.Hope you find him,maybe you can salvage his antlers and get another cape for him if you want to mount him. Ron! :(
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

deerskinner wrote:I know how you feel,I lost a nice buck two years ago.It made we sick,it happens
sometimes.Hope you find him,maybe you can salvage his antlers and get another cape for him if you want to mount him. Ron! :(
That was a year ago and well we never got the buck a neighbor found him dead and claimed him. Kind of upset me the guy new I was looking and wouldn't let me search inside his property line.

I was just updating with a pic of this years first day deer, and my now year old catahoula leopard dog. He works as advertised by the way.
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

First archery buck

wabi

Post by wabi »

Nice one - Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

Thank you wabi. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Way to go n big congrats, pup will certainly find them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Waif

Post by Waif »

Nice buck!
Great dog.

Should you ever breed that hound...research natural bob tails and bloodlines.
With my breed(non Catahoula) it's a no no to breed with another natural bob...
to avoid serious defects. Pretty sure that's the deal.
My stud has never been bred to a natural bob like himself, so that must be the deal. Not sure how far that reaches generationaly.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

No need for the dog on this one. It was a nice stalk to get into range, then half hour waiting for him to stand. Once I took the shot he only ran 20 yards. , I watched him bed down and sat there till his head fell.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That first deer is a nice one. Too bad you didn't find this one. :(
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

I'm just using this as a continuation of a thread I started last year she. I had lost a deer. So the buck above is from 11/12/15 and the doe was 10/3015.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Here we go again, An inexperience hunter taking a quartering towards you shot,, When are you guys going to learn ???
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

rein1 wrote:Here we go again, An inexperience hunter taking a quartering towards you shot,, When are you guys going to learn ???
Aren't you a charmer. I think I've met guys like you born an expert at everything and never had to take an opportunity to learn from. It's been a year by the way, but if you started at the beginning of the thread you may have understood that.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

swany66675 wrote:
rein1 wrote:Here we go again, An inexperience hunter taking a quartering towards you shot,, When are you guys going to learn ???
Aren't you a charmer. I think I've met guys like you born an expert at everything and never had to take an opportunity to learn from. It's been a year by the way, but if you started at the beginning of the thread you may have understood that.
You don't learn by taking dumb shots and possibly not recovering a deer ,, No excuse .. Taking a animals life should be done in the fastest way possible anything else your not honoring the death of this animal to provide you food ..There is enough information on this forum and other places to learn what is a proper kill shot and what's not .
swany66675

Post by swany66675 »

rein1 wrote:
swany66675 wrote:
You don't learn by taking dumb shots and possibly not recovering a deer ,, No excuse .. Taking a animals life should be done in the fastest way possible anything else your not honoring the death of this animal to provide you food ..There is enough information on this forum and other places to learn what is a proper kill shot and what's not .
While I've lost one deer in 25 years, a neighbor claimed it as his kill same day. That was the end of that story by the way. Please find another thread to shame.
884savage

Post by 884savage »

o