Matrix triggers ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Twohats

Matrix triggers ...

Post by Twohats »

I wanted to get some inputs on how are the Matrix triggers?Espicially the 330.I am yet to get mine and have seen aftermarket triggers available.Not that I am going that route I was just curious what you folks think of the factory ones. Also how are the factory strings?Thanks guys
jparchery

Re: Matrix triggers ...

Post by jparchery »

I bought a trigger tech, and strongly recommend it.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I say you get it and shoot it for a 100 shots before you decide I shot a 380 for awhile and that trigger was fine now I shoot a 405 and it is good also you could possibly spend the money on something else :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I didn't like the stock trigger when I got my 330. I did the switch and got a trigger tech. Totally different experience. Very nice triggers. Got to try it out on a deer the other evening. Very nice. If you are thinking about swapping out your trigger I highly recommend trigger tech.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have a 330 & 355 the 330 trigger was so long .I didn't like it at all got a trigger tech. The 355 trigger was good I like it alot.Just left it alone.Not sure why such a difference in the 2 bows..
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
Boo

Post by Boo »

Everyone is different in what they expect or want in a trigger. Personally, I can't leave a factory trigger alone. But the vast majority of Excalibur owners get by just fine with them.
For strings call Danny Miller at 740 483 2312. He's the one that makes them for Excalibur. I don't think you'll find a lower price.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

I have the factory trigger and it works just fine for me on my Matrix. I just focus on the target until the shot goes off.

Try practicing with your crossbow for a while as was previously suggested and see if it works for you.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I recently swapped my M355 trigger to a single stage TT unit. I'm with Boo, I cannot leave a factory trigger alone. I shot my original trigger for a year hoping it would improve, and it did improve quite a bit. At first it felt like someone dumped sand in the unit but over the course of a 100 shots or so it smoothed out. But I do not like creep at all, or 2 stage triggers. I'm just not used to them and consistancy IS accuracy. So all of my triggers are single stage, rifle, pistol, doesn't matter. The TT units are the proverbial "glass rod breaking".
I can honestly say the TT unit probably cut my groups in half and that due to eliminating the excessive creep. Thats just me though, your results and mileage may vary.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
TriggerTech

Post by TriggerTech »

SniperWolf wrote:I didn't like the stock trigger when I got my 330. I did the switch and got a trigger tech. Totally different experience. Very nice triggers. Got to try it out on a deer the other evening. Very nice. If you are thinking about swapping out your trigger I highly recommend trigger tech.
Congrats. If you can send us a picture that would be great!

Cheers,

TT
DES

Post by DES »

The stock trigger on my 330 wasn't terrible, but I put on a single-stage TT trigger on it making it a lot more pleasurable to shoot. Well worth the money IMO.
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I held out as long as I could, and really liked the stock trigger, but the Trigger Tech is worth the cost, easy to install, and so sweet to shoot. I'm glad i installed mine!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Twohats

Post by Twohats »

I appreciate you guys chiming in. I am expecting Fed Ex to deliver my 330 tomorrow hopefully.I will post pics when it does.I am leaving on a 4 day hunt Thursday so I hope I can get use to it before go.i hate to take the wheelie xbow on the hunt. I should have ordered the TT with the bow but it might be good for now.I know on my TC pistols I have trigger work done on the hand cannons and it makes a difference for sure..

thanks
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Twohats, you'll be fine with the stock trigger for the hunt. Sight it in, shoot the snot out of it, and go make your kill! Tinkering is for the off season! :wink:
Good luck, hunt hard, hunt safe!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i shot my 355 factory trigger fer 400 shots, it never came into its own. So i swapped it out with one i had that Danny Miller had slicked up fer me. Then i sent the Matrix 355 trigger assembly to Danny to clean it up. It shoots decent now. Kong's trigger was much better from jump street & it doesn't need any help.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Twohats

Post by Twohats »

I finally got my bow and was able to put some arrows through it before it got dark.I really don't mind the trigger at all.look forward to dialing it in more. Thanks again for all the input, I still might upgrade later on.

Danny