smallgame head thoughts ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

b44mag

smallgame head thoughts ???

Post by b44mag »

so the exomag is just sitting there ready to shoot.
thinking im wanting to go small gaming.
whats your small game broadhead choice ???????
cevans

Re: smallgame head thoughts ???

Post by cevans »

I have shot judo points,,and they really work well on saving a carbon arrow. I have a G 5 small game point 100g. It has a bent point on it that I had to straighten,,and for the price would go back to judos. Then again, I have used a field point with a washer behind it that works fine,,and if you want to use this,,just dull the point a bit with a file and shoot away and your good to go on small game. Only thing about small game is be prepared to loose a few arrows unless the wirey judo points are being used. They have some spring to them.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
884savage

Post by 884savage »

i second judo tips. they are very hard to lose.
galamb

Post by galamb »

Zwickey Judo Point.

17 yards

Complete pass through :lol:

Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
b44mag

Post by b44mag »

cool lamb nice shot :lol: :lol:
i use the judos with the trad gear and got a few for the compound
I have some firebolts with aluminum both ends my judos are only 100/125 so no go on light heads :( . was going through the archery box found a few 100gr ma3-s and a few 75 grain adapters 178 gr after gluing them together. took a rubber blunt put a washer in first then adapter. so it don't punch through :lol: then i cut the rubber back till 178grains bolts come in around 440ish total. :D
2 new old stock ma's for deer 2 used ones for whatever and a blunt its a start :D now to sell a few things and get some zombies with heavy inserts to use 100/125 grain muzzys and judos
man this is all addicting as everything else thinking it might be me :roll: :lol: :D and that's a few smilies
galamb

Post by galamb »

Yes, I shoot Gold Tip Laser II's with a 110 grain insert, so with the 100 grain Judo I have more than half my weight at the tip - certainly helps "pull" itself through whatever it hits.

And when those "damn rats" won't leave the feed pile alone, they have to go... :wink:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Rubber blunts for squirrel, grouse, and rabbit with the Exomax. Judo points pass right through too often.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

ch312 wrote:Rubber blunts for squirrel, grouse, and rabbit with the Exomax. Judo points pass right through too often.
Think mine are made from some form of plastic, fronts about the diameter of a nickel w/ little points on the face, then they taper back to shaft size in about 2" weigh 100 gr.

The rocks tear up anything else I've tried.
"Eze 18:21"
Dash

Post by Dash »

As far as durability and longevity go Varmit Busters (VB's)have proved to be the toughest for me over the last few years, simple design, can change tip weight, and cheap. I usually buy all my broadheads from the US, but these Aussie blunts saved me a lot of money from losing arrows in the ground, and from damaged blunts etc.
I've used the saunders 125 &150, judo's, rubber ones etc, of which all worked, but none lasted too long. Vb's last until you do a bad shot and lose an arrow. If you hit a rock and bend the cross, it can be smacked flat with a hammer and used again.
Check the link for a picture.
http://www.archeryaddiction.com.au/targ ... ategory=35