wooden/laminate stocks for Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

wooden/laminate stocks for Matrix

Post by MickB »

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone might know of any aftermarket wooden stock options for a matrix 405? I am specifically looking for something basic rifle configuration, fairly understated(as in not overly skeletonised) in wood or laminate. I am also stuck in Australia so would need to shipped as is. Thanks for any suggestions
foofoo

Re: wooden/laminate stocks for Matrix

Post by foofoo »

theres a few makers around search this site. another option is to buy a used or new anniversary y25 Excalibur crossbow. theres a few new old stock out in the market. sell off the rest of the parts or sell your crossbow and just keep the Y25 :wink:
MickB

Post by MickB »

thanks I will check them out. I'd also consider any older style stock like the exomags used to have. would these be an easy replacement? would any dealer have spares? I am just not a fan of skeletonized stocks and pistol grips on longarms, even rifles.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Agingcrossbower is our resident stock maker who can make a custom one to suit your needs. You can search his build along threads and see a custom stock come alive.

Here is a photo of my custom M405 with a Henegar custom laminate. These stocks are no longer made and show up in the trading post every now and again.
If you place an add in the Trading Post you should be able to source a older Exomag/Vortex stock in good used condition.

Here is my M380 in a Y25 Excalibur stock and these are no longer available either. The Y25 upper rope cocking groove will not hold up to a Matrix 405 string pressure, therefore I do not suggest this stock to compliment your 405.

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
backnwhack

Post by backnwhack »

Agree with the "agingcrossbower" recommendation. Great guy, great work, get on his "list", it takes a while!