My hunting season is shot :(

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

My hunting season is shot :(

Post by GooGoos »

So yesterday morning/ early afternoon I rolled my ankle pretty bad. I went to the ER last night when i was no longer able to bare weight,not move, swelling, and discoloration in my foot/ankle got bad. Xrays showed no obvious breaks, but they think that is a fracture will show after swelling goes down. I am now waiting to go see ortho(bone doctor) for more xrays and what they wanna do with it.

I have talked with dad and we are going to figure out places where its a very short hobble for me to get to, pop up a ground blind and try to kill me one that way. As of right now I am going to be out of commission a good hot minute.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated!
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
georgiaboy

Re: My hunting season is shot :(

Post by georgiaboy »

Well that's not good news. :(
Hope your feeling better soon!! :)
And right before the rut :? I hear they plant some nice food plots in the QDM areas...might be worth checking into. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GooGoos wrote:So yesterday morning/ early afternoon I rolled my ankle pretty bad. I went to the ER last night when i was no longer able to bare weight,not move, swelling, and discoloration in my foot/ankle got bad. Xrays showed no obvious breaks, but they think that is a fracture will show after swelling goes down. I am now waiting to go see ortho(bone doctor) for more xrays and what they wanna do with it.

I have talked with dad and we are going to figure out places where its a very short hobble for me to get to, pop up a ground blind and try to kill me one that way. As of right now I am going to be out of commission a good hot minute.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated!

....wow!

....sorry to hear about your potential fracture....

....a couple of things come to mind: 1) how we just never know how things can change in a split second, and 2) how persistence in the face of adversity will always prevail...

....somehow I feel that this is NOT the end of your hunting season!!! :shock: 8)

GO GIRL! :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

The ankle is one joint when injured at times can look much worst than it usually is. The body tends to over react to injury in the area.
ICE every 6 hours will guickly start to reduce the swelling.
(Bag of frozen peas works great)

I.C.E. Ice / Compression / Elevation.

If pitting edema shows up then a little massage above the ankle towards the back of the knee will help.

There can be a plus to spraining your when it comes to hunting. Usually it forces you to slow down while walking in the bush or to and from your watch

The result can seeing more game.

Good luck
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hey, sorry to hear the bad news. and I hope all goes well with the vet. Also I have become a true believer in ground blinds. They work and hide some movement just be sure to use black as it really makes you hard to spot from game or the wife SMILE. Good luck..........bubba.........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Might be OK soon, just hope for the best, sounds like you already have a plan for the worse case, and plan "B" don't sound too bad! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Sorry to hear that!!! Try not use it to much and it will heal quicker. Good luck to you. :(
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to hear of the injury. Hope it's not too bad, but even if it is you may still get some hunting in.

My favorite stand is only about 300 yards from where I park. Used to be a 5-10 minute walk, but now it's 30 minutes with several rest stops along the way. Just more time to enjoy the outdoors! :lol: :lol:
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Oh poop. That sucks! :(

Here's hoping the prognosis is better than you anticipate.

Glad to hear you're gonna keep on trying in a blind. Great attitude. You go girl!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Daaang! Sorry to hear that. Take care of that ankle. Physio will really help with the swelling then strengthening the stabilizer muscles. On the up side, you've got youth on your side and that means a quicker recovery than the old timers (me included) :D
If it means 'crutching' your way to a ground blind that's okay. Just don't aggravate that injury. Best wishes for a good report and speedy recovery. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

That's a darn drag :( .. Soak in Epsom salt and warm water. Kills the pain.. Ice at nite.. Try and walk lightly on it.. I rolled both several times.. Sucks. Stay positive and good luck. Ya be back killin in no time.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

That should not top a deer hunter, put a boot on it & hobble to a deer trail, sorry to hear of yer ankle sprain :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Sorry to hear about your injury. I sure hope you recover before the season is over.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Sorry to hear about your injury. Take your time to make sure you heal right. There will be other chances after you recover and you will appreciate each opportunity more now.

We take being healthy for granted; but all of a sudden everything that was all right is not all right and then we really know what a blessing being healthy is.

Hope you heal fast and can get out there again soon.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Well, that stinks - but look at the bright side. WHEN you hobble to the ground blind and WHEN you shoot a deer........."Dad, I'd really like to help drag it out, but man, my ankle is really sore right now"... :lol:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><