New string replacment

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kmaxwell5

New string replacment

Post by kmaxwell5 »

So I got my new string for my Axiom in the mail today from Danny Miller. I know it will stretch since it is new. But how many twist should I give it when I put it on at first? I know how to set my BH should I just set it there and leave it cocked over night? Thanks
wabi

Re: New string replacment

Post by wabi »

I like my brace height on my Phoenix to be between 1 - 1⅛". I usually trist a new string to get a little above that and adjust as necessary.
BTW - I also like to wax a new string (lightly) before I shoot with it.
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Try 5 twists to start .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

What kind of string is it? if its an Excel EL string you can get by (probably) with fewer than if its a Flemish Fast Flight. The FFF strings take a few twists. I'de start with 8. If its toooo high thats ok. Trust me it will settle down more than you think.
kmaxwell5

Post by kmaxwell5 »

I ordered a standard string from Danny and I spoke to him and he said 12 twist so I did that and my BH is 1 3/4" right now. I have not shot it yet. Danny said to have a BH of 1-1 3/8"' I was keeping my BH at 1 1/2" with my old string. Should I cock it and leave it over night or just leave it alone to get it to stretch?
strum

Post by strum »

kmaxwell5 wrote:I ordered a standard string from Danny and I spoke to him and he said 12 twist so I did that and my BH is 1 3/4" right now. I have not shot it yet. Danny said to have a BH of 1-1 3/8"' I was keeping my BH at 1 1/2" with my old string. Should I cock it and leave it over night or just leave it alone to get it to stretch?
shoot it man .it will work its way down and then youll need to add some more twists..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
kmaxwell5

Post by kmaxwell5 »

strum wrote:
kmaxwell5 wrote:I ordered a standard string from Danny and I spoke to him and he said 12 twist so I did that and my BH is 1 3/4" right now. I have not shot it yet. Danny said to have a BH of 1-1 3/8"' I was keeping my BH at 1 1/2" with my old string. Should I cock it and leave it over night or just leave it alone to get it to stretch?
shoot it man .it will work its way down and then youll need to add some more twists..
I hope to get home in time tomorrow and give it a few shots. Thanks guys!!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Cocking it and leaving overnight will help!And get out there and shoot it if you can!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
bubba

Post by bubba »

I agree about five twists to start with... danny miller makes a great string but they sure like to creep. It takes a little while to set in, but once it does your good to go......bubba.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
kmaxwell5

Post by kmaxwell5 »

Well I got my new string from Danny on my Axiom and shot it few times. It seems to be more acurate? My BH is 1 1/2" like on my old string so I will leave it there and shoot it more tomorrow.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

It seems to be more accurate?
Could be the 'new broom' thingy............? :mrgreen: Congrats on the new string.
"Eze 18:21"