A problem with E Texas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kd8jgu

A problem with E Texas

Post by kd8jgu »

Antler restriction have a 4 point spread is not wide enough
Have pics and have had him within 8 yards he is now chasing does
This morning was unable to have time to hunt but still had bow with me checked feeder and cameras
decided to walk part of property line when he steps out and just stands there for a good 10 mins stareing at me
I had a good 9 point at 30 yards waiting for a good shot when this little one came busting in and spoke 9
I want him gone
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
one eye joe

Re: A problem with E Texas

Post by one eye joe »

Lots of us dislike the AR's. I have a six point that likely goes 12.5" that is coming in pretty regular. There is also a funky four point that is basically 8" spikes with a small prong on the end of each. He certainly needs to be deleted from the gene pool. They claim that the restrictions have helped the age structure on the bucks, but without getting rid of some inferior genes, I don't see a lot of gain in quality. JMO
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads
grouse

Post by grouse »

Where I hunt in northern Missouri we have antler point restriction (4 pts. min on one side) and I hate them. Since they imposed them in 2008 I have only killed one buck. It is too hard to count points most of the time. There is also the risk of mistaking a spike buck for a doe with a rifle at longer ranges. I bet that there have been lots of illegal kills by mistake since these changes were introduced.
axiom
350 SE
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

I bet that there have been lots of illegal kills by mistake since these changes were introduced.

Agree, and the bad thing is that a lot of people will let the deer lie there and rot rather than facing a possible ticket for shooting an "illegal" animal. The whole thing creates problems.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads