buddy claims he saw a cougar today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

buddy claims he saw a cougar today

Post by munch »

my buddy was coming in from deer hunting today and 2 miles north of springford at 10 am saw something in the flats stocking in the long grass so he stopped and realized it was what he thinks was a black or very dark colour cougar, he watched it ponce on something then sit there eating it before headed back into the bush. ive known the guy my whole life and if he tells me he saw it theres no doubt in my mind thats what he saw .hearing of more sightings in this area all the time. i have no idea how large there home range is. there have been many storys of the mnr letting them go but i would think someone had this cat in captivity and it got loose
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wheelie

Re: buddy claims he saw a cougar today

Post by wheelie »

Don't doubt your friend Mr. Munch. Two years ago a lady brought me a picture of one crossing the street in front of her car. All the proof I needed to know they are around.

People think I was half baked but I seen an Elk last year out deer hunting. We have a four minute stare down. Started to charge at me then stopped and we just kept staring at each other. Elk then gave a loud roar and ran back into bush away from the pond.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Terry, that's nothing. You should see the density of cougars we have on the west coast. Maybe that's why they call it 'VanCougar'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Never mind. Getting to happen across a big cat like that is something. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
westcoastruss

Post by westcoastruss »

paulaboutform wrote:Terry, that's nothing. You should see the density of cougars we have on the west coast. Maybe that's why they call it 'VanCougar'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Never mind. Getting to happen across a big cat like that is something. :wink:
Very true, over here on VI, we got so many they stay at the Empress!
Matrix 380 Xtra
Big John Zombie Slayers
Toxic broadheads
Red & White Xcaliber strings - Oh Canada!
"Y" Munch Mount
Trigger Tech trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

westcoastruss wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Terry, that's nothing. You should see the density of cougars we have on the west coast. Maybe that's why they call it 'VanCougar'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Never mind. Getting to happen across a big cat like that is something. :wink:
Very true, over here on VI, we got so many they stay at the Empress!
Russ, you're reading my mind. :lol: See them all over downtown....seriously though, my understanding is that Vancouver Island has the largest density of cougars per land mass in North America. I think the puma's go to the Empress.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
munch

Post by munch »

are there dark coloured ones ive only seen the tan colour. my buddys family owned a small zoo at one time and they had one. they would not tell visitors but it was very friendly it was kept in a cage with another fence that went all the way around about 6 feet away. after the zoo would close we would go out and the thing would come right to us and rub the cage so we would pet it. it would make a pur noise like a house cat just much louder
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

7 or 8 years ago I was up the road from my house, with a spanking new .17 HMR, on my way to a private range 2 minutes from here.
I rounded a little bend on a dead end road, early in the morning, coffee in hand. 20 yards in front of me a massive beige cougar came off the river, touched the ground once on the road in front of me, then gone.
Didn't give it much thought, had tunnel vision with sighting in a new gun.
Later in the afternoon I decided to call the MNR, all I got was a gal with a less than impressed attitude. She asked me a bunch of questions, the last one being what I did or a living. I was quickly transfered to a biologist. After a long talk with him I learned a lot of stuff, most important being that I am not the only one who has seen it. Hundreds of calls and very few believed. The found and confirmed scat near London, but nothing else substantiated.
I know what I saw, it was right in front of me, light outside, 20 yards.
That led in to a while new avenue for my company, but never did see it again, or hear about another sighting here.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....now what kind of cougar you gentlemen talking about here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

It could be a castaway pet.There was one spotted then eventually captured near Cobourg earlier this year.It was de clawed so was obviously let go by someone who no longer wanted it.My guess is that it being black/darsh- ish would rule it out as possibly being a native( supposedly extinct) eastern Couger.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

We've had proof of them over my way for a few years now. A few years ago one did a number on a horse.

Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone