Questions for Micro owners/users

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ds762

Questions for Micro owners/users

Post by ds762 »

I'm finding myself drooling over the Micro ever since I heard about it awhile back.

Now Excalibur says 16.5" on the arrow w a 350 gr minimum. From the pictures I've seen the arrow/quill is all the way out to the end of the stirrup. As long as you maintain a 350 gr minimum (head included) why couldn't you go shorter or how short is too short and why?

My idea is to get a Micro, some BE Zombies and have them cut to 14", aluminum inserts, and running the NAP FOC head. Any potential problems going this route or suggestions you guys might have for me?

Thanks!!
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
gerald strine

Re: Questions for Micro owners/users

Post by gerald strine »

For safety reasons you want the bolt to extend into the stirup so your foot will hit it in caes you forget to remove the bolt before uncocking with a rope cocker :shock:
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going to cut some to 14.5" next week. That will give me enough room to hang the bow in my stand, but still prevent me from getting a foot in under an arrow!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i cut some bee to 16 1/2 110gr insert 100gr grizz trick total 385 these fly same as my fp. 324 fps may try 95 gr insert to see what goes i would be careful on going to short.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Too short a splinter may have probs w/ it clearing the rail slot.
"Eze 18:21"