carbon bolts ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

b44mag

carbon bolts ??

Post by b44mag »

:D woooo hooooo made a trade last night a dozen 20" victory xbolts came home with me. brass inserts plastic flats and fusion vanes 406 to 410 with 100 tips. i was looking to sell a few things to get some zombie slayers.
( :lol: :lol: ) still cracks me up every time I think of the name. but anyway im still looking to get some of the zombie slayers :P :lol: but got these now. so after looking for info on them not much ??? any one got some good/bad info about them.
galamb

Re: carbon bolts ??

Post by galamb »

I gave them a try because they were inexpensive (bought a half dozen for under 4 bucks each - place selling out).

I really liked them - shot them with my Vixen II - total bolt weight of (about) 419 grains with tips/moon nocks/4" duravanes.

At the time I was shooting Horton Bone Collectors which grouped a little tighter/more consistently even with wind, so stayed with them as my hunting arrow and used the Victory's for target shooting.

I only have one of the Victory's left in (my collection). The rest of them got toasted when they shot on top of each other at 25 yards and either drove the nocks into the shafts (2 of them - so a total of 4 bolts with one right inside the shaft of the other - have them mounted on the "trophy wall" - looks cool) or just otherwise got chewed up.

I have moved on to Gold Tip II's but would not hesitate to use the Victory's if the GT's became unavailable and I needed another bolt.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Southern Comfort

Re: carbon bolts ??

Post by Southern Comfort »

Shot the Victory HV's out of my Bowtech for years and couldn't have been happier. I good made arrow. Just shoot them and see what you get. Let us know!
Matrix 380 blackout
18" Zombies/92 gr. brass inserts
100 gr. Slick Trick Mag
18" Spinal Tapp's
170 gr F.O.C's
NChunter/BOO/ VixenMaster strings