Shooting Range

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Chief

Shooting Range

Post by The Chief »

I am now settled into my new house in Ga. and I want to build an archery range. I am not sure how I want to do it could you guys please post some photos of your archery range. Yep I want to be a copy cat Thanks
bubba

Re: Shooting Range

Post by bubba »

Well chief... mine is very simple.. and I'm sure you are wanting one with a lot more eye appeal. But for me it's a broad head target,and a field point target bag. My fold up chair, a range finder, and my bog pods.And a small table to set my stuff on.I try and use the same things I use in a ground blind... Since all my tree stands have a rail...It' simple but works for me.......Oh by the way my son says you were on hell of a good c.o.b. I'm sure he will chime in soon................................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

mine is a picnic table, a homemade gun/crossbow rack (which also is suitable as a golf bag rack when the shooting range becomes a driving range), log backstops at 50 feet, 50 yards, and 100 yards (for the lead projectiles), and my crossbow target of choice (field point or broadhead) for the bows. It would be nice to have separate targets at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards, but no...I only have one of each, and they are stored in the garage and moved into place when needed.

I also haul out the Caldwell lead sled when it is time to sight in the bows and the guns....

(cityboy has learned that it's nice to have a big piece of property out in the country....)
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I use 5 rag-filled burlap bags, hung from tripods made from saplings. I cover them with a construction duty garbage bag and thus can leave em out rain or shine. Being on tripods (off the ground) they can be readily moved about to keep practice fresh. I have pics, send me a PM if you want to see it. The site rejects my efforts to post pictures...something about board having reached attachment limit.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

fuzzy wrote:However you end up remember this, place your targets on the "north" end of the property. You'll want the sun to rise on your right and set on your left while shooting. the sun will be minimized. Here is a simple setup, waist high, standing South looking North...... shadows left to right (west to east) afternoon photo. :D
Good luck.

LOL. This would only work for me if I didn't mind shooting toward my house. Cityboy's property ain't that big....