Best way to keep warm feet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fergie

Re: Best way to keep warm feet

Post by fergie »

NewGuy wrote:X2 for thermacell insoles
I've got a pair that I bought last winter and I don't know if I even get 10 mins from a charge.........
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Love my theracells. Hunted yesterday in cold and snow near Huntsville. Managed to stay out most of day with my thermacells in my rubber boots.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

i have a pair of military extreme cold weather boots. also known as mickey mouse boots. mine are at least 20 years old. comfortable, waterproof, extremely warm, very durable, and they are cheap. my feet have never ever gotten cold or wet in them. only one pair of regular socks. they run big though. always round down your sizing. if you need a 9.5 go with a 9.
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Thanks folks
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

Riflemanz wrote:Wool socks and toasty toes heat pad on the socks.
And insulated boots 1/2 size bigger. If the boots are tight blood flow is restricted and your feet get cold.
Proverbs 3:5-6
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Lugnut wrote:i have a pair of military extreme cold weather boots. also known as mickey mouse boots. mine are at least 20 years old. comfortable, waterproof, extremely warm, very durable, and they are cheap. my feet have never ever gotten cold or wet in them. only one pair of regular socks. they run big though. always round down your sizing. if you need a 9.5 go with a 9.

also known as Bunny Boots --- they are great -- esp if you get them a size larger and stuff a chemical heat pack in the toe
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

David Blanton from Realtree outdoors once said he liked heavy wool socks, and boot blankets. When he got in into the blind he would take his boots off, put hand or foot warmers in the boot blankets and put his sock covered feet into the boot blanket. Do not think this is good for a treestand but should do nicely in a ground blind.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

therma cell heated insoles
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Heck, if you're in a ground blind bring in a small propane heater that you screw into the disposable bottles. It'll warm up that small space enough to warm more than your feet.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Lacrosse or any other brand rubber boots that are 2000 grams.

Make sure the boots are not super tight - at least a half size too big is better.

Merino wool socks. On top of the socks put the 10 hour handwarmer packs by your toes and then put a layer of thin socks over the heat pack on each foot to hold in place. I use a real thin reflective type of sock, not sure what kind.

I also just started using reflective insoles that I got from the Field and Stream Store for about $10. These are amazing, especially with rubber boots as they wick the moisture to the bottom of the boot and your feet do not feel clammy.

On top of the boots I put the artic shield boot covers.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....open toed flip flops....after a half hour you don't feel anything and you're good to go then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...all kidding aside...i think the MOST important factor is most people buy boots as if they are buying shoes....Cold weather hunting boots should be a size larger to accommodate a Wicking pair of first socks and then a wool pair...a nice set of 1000gm thinsulate boots...if you need a little more than a little Sambuca in your Expresso (kidding) or toe warmers definitely help me!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Archer Ontario

Post by Archer Ontario »

Best things are thermacell heated insoles ,
No more cold feet period
Normous

Post by Normous »

This is my second season using Thermacell heated insoles and appreciate the added comfortable winter hunting time that they give me.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

fergie wrote:
NewGuy wrote:X2 for thermacell insoles
I've got a pair that I bought last winter and I don't know if I even get 10 mins from a charge.........
Bring them back or send them an email, 'cause sum ting Wong! I have a set I use in an insulated rubber boot and they are the bees knees! By that I mean they are the bomb diggity. So warm, They be dank!

But they are not hot. If they were ur feet would sweat and be cold. so cold, well... They would just be cold.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
cdwester

Post by cdwester »

Baffin boots, they've never failed me. I use them for ice fishing all winter as well.