new and thankful here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lugnut

new and thankful here

Post by Lugnut »

hello everyone,
i just joined to say thank you to everyone posting all this useful information here.
i have been reading for a while since purchasing my matrix 405. i finally had to join and say thanks. hopefully i will be able to give some useful information at some point to someone.
this is my first year hunting archery and i just got my first buck with my matrix. i had to sit on my hands to keep from clapping. i hit both lungs and just clipped the heart. he only ran about 30 yards before dropping.
he was a big 7 pointer. had to be around 5 years old. all white faced and very heavy. i have pics but have to figure out how to shrink the file size to post. i will figure it out and post them asap.
again thank you all who post here. i still will be reading a lot and learning here.
and i must say i LOVE MY 405!
wabi

Re: new and thankful here

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum, and CONGRATULATIONS on the buck!
wabi
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Welcome congats on buck :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Welcome, and yes, there is a wealth of information that can be gleaned from this board.

Congrats on the bucks as well.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum... and congrats!! on your Excalibur bow...And there is always room for your advice and help..This is what it's all about.. Friends helping friends.....Look foward to your future posts........................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Welcome. You'll have to use a host sight on pics(photobucket) and there is a thread somewhere on how to do it. A bit tricky first time or two.Congrats on the buck
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Welcome -- this b an interesting place to hang out --- no lack of opinions -- that is for sure :lol: :lol:
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the buck and welcome!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Great to hear the good news! Welcome to the forum. What arrow setup and broadhead were you using. Tell us about your hunt. How far, etc... :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats, and welcome aboard!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

well i spent almost all day butchering. tomorrow ill finish butchering and i am going to make breakfast sausage and meat sticks. with my doe from muzzleloader season i made bratwurst. they came out awesome. i had a ground blind set up at my families hunt camp. from where i was sitting in the blind i could count 12 different rubs. my first day out i let my friend sit in my blind and i went to a different spot. neither of us saw anything. i told my buddy the next day to go back in the blind but he wanted to try somewhere else. so i went in my blind. just after sunrise he came walking up the steep hill right at me. he made a left turn about 20 yards in front of me. i whistled, he stopped, and i thread the needle between a few trees. he only ran about 30 yards. excellent blood trail too. i hit both lungs and just nicked the heart. i was using the diablo arrows and the 150 grain bolt cutters. i did buy the b.a.t. bolt cutters and tuned them all to sit identical. i also have the normal bolt cutters that i tried on every shaft i have to get them all to line up the same. i'm not really sure if it makes a difference but i must say this bow is extremely accurate. my last day i was up there i still had a doe tag to fill. i was in the same blind. she came walking right at me coming down the hill this time. she finally turned to her right but still was not giving me a good shot. she kept walking til she was right in front of me. another 20 yard shot. i could see her nose and eyes on either side of a tree. the rest of her was behind other trees. all she had to do was take one more step forward. she turned right and walked down the steep hill instead. we had a great week. we saw plenty of action. my buddy also got a 7 pointer and also had a 350 pound black bear walk by him only 10 feet away. he took its picture. we saw a ton of deer both bucks and does. I'm going to try and get my pictures resized and get them posted.
thank you everyone for the warm welcome