Guided Hunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jackhunter1974

Guided Hunts

Post by jackhunter1974 »

Does anybody know of anyone who provides guided deer hunts in southern Ontario? Want to try something different next fall. The only guided hunts I have seen are 20-22 hours north of my residence. Mostly Kenora or Dryden. I saw a guy by the last name Vance on The Canadian Tradition TV show but can't seem to locate him?!
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Guided Hunts

Post by Hunt it »

Are you an Ontario resident?
jackhunter1974

Post by jackhunter1974 »

I live in Southern Ontario
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

two hours north of GTA. I turkey hunted with these guys real pros I highly recommend them. Were recommended to me by anotther well respected forum member.

www.wingfeatheroutfitters.com
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Grey Bruce Outfitters do guided deer hunts as well.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

In the past we have had a forum member who went by the user name uncle fester. If you can, search his name and send him an email to see if he still offers it.

'Fester knows his way around the deer woods. I've seen his photos and his trophy room :shock: He is a heck of a nice guy too, I've never seen any sign of an ego

BTW; Hes southern Ontario. Not sure if your looking for a "true north hunt camp" or a day trip. Ken(fester) is the latter
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
brenden270

Post by brenden270 »

Come to B.C. and shoot an elk. I will take you out myself!!!
galamb

Post by galamb »

If you don't mind a few hours drive, google guided deer hunts in WMU 47 or Parry Sound.

Tons of deer, extra tags and a number of outfitters that provide guided (even haul your deer in and dress it), semi-guided (get you out to a specific stand, usually over a plot and give you a packed lunch) and sorta/kinda self-serve (their cabin, their stands and hand you a map of the area) - depending on how much coin you want to drop.

Unfortunately, most Ontario guided hunts are aimed at hunters from south of the border who are willing to drop 1500 bucks plus for a week of hunting (most don't even list a price in Canuck bucks).

Where are you located and what part of Southern Ontario are you interested in - might help source someone who can help you out...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
jackhunter1974

Post by jackhunter1974 »

I live in Vaughan. I do the shot gun hunt but the spots I hunt haven't produced much action in the last couple years. Gets frustrating sitting or pushing all day and not even seeing a deer in a nearby field. I think hard winters, yotes and changing farming practices, not to mention the hundreds of acres of standing corn, are not helping the situation. The other problem is getting permission!!!! It is like you committed a crime just asking people to hunt on their land. If they don't tell you to f-off they give the same sob story about hunters who ruined it for everybody else. just tired of the same crap!