Matrix 330 cheek piece not fitting????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Twohats

Matrix 330 cheek piece not fitting????

Post by Twohats »

I just got my new cheek piece for the 330 and I have the new stock with the 5 lines as they say. there is no way shape or form this fits.Am I missing something? I am very mechanically inclined but I was wondering if anyone has ran into this same scenario before? If I redrilled any holes they would be too close to the edge of the stock.

thanks
racking up points

Re: Matrix 330 cheek piece not fitting????

Post by racking up points »

To clip it on, insert the screw to line up the holes in the cheekpiece and the stock. Don't be gentle with it, takes some pressure to get it to fit. I had to lift up on the cheekpiece to get the holes to line up. It took all of 2 mins...maybe you got a bad one? Post pictures if you can.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Boo

Post by Boo »

Warm it up in hot water.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Twohats

Post by Twohats »

I will give it another look but I just cant see how it would snap into place and be correct but down to the man cave I go to try it out.i will let you know.There is no snapping on this one at all it justs lays right over the stock with out any effort and would look good if only the holes lined up.thanks a bunch
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

You have to push it in like a caveman! Lining up that hole is something else! When I put mine on my 330 I had to take it back off several times to get the hole lined up perfect. :shock: Make sure you push it on tell you hear a like pop sound then push with all ya got on the top part in. When I finally got it on perfect my hands and arms were totally wore out!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by bobcattrapper on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:Warm it up in hot water.
True, some heat helps.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Twohats

Post by Twohats »

I tell you what this forum is the bomb. I took your advice and heated the piece in some hot water and it rolled into place and I then put the screw in and now I am good to go. Sometimes it just one moment to step back ask on the forum and its done..Thanks again guys.I am now waiting on the trigeer assy to show up and more changes...