Excellent Crossbow Camera Mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Excellent Crossbow Camera Mount

Post by Galgo »

After 8 years of trying to gt my first bowkill on film I have finally developed (modified) what I believe to be the perfect mount. I lucked into a munch mount as a throw in on a cross bow that I bought. I am very happy using a hip quiver so I just drilled one additional hole in the mount and developed a camera mount were the camera sits flush on the mount itself. No additional bracket means a very low profile as compared to the excalibur scope mounted range finder mount.

Here is the mount sans camera

Here is a side view ith camera installed

Here is the view including the scope showing the low profile

Only will have couple of tries to see how it works in the field and how it holds up to vibration but I am very happy with it so far and thanks to mucnh for helping me make it happen.

F
vixenmaster

Re: Excellent Crossbow Camera Mount

Post by vixenmaster »

Looks finer than frog hair
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

That looks great. Have you tested it at all? I tried using the scope mounted range finder mount with my camcorder and it didn't work as the vibration was too much for it. I'm looking into buying a Tacticam. From my research so far it seems to be the best out there. Good luck Galgo. Let us know how it goes. :D

Edit to correct spelling of Tactacam.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice and compact. Great job!
Looks like your good to go. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks guys I have not tested it yet. i suspect there will be vibration initially with the shot that I am hoping would be clear for the impact. First time using a fully digital camera so Im hoping vibration will have less effect but who knows? Hopefully will test it out on a deer this week at some point. :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:That looks great. Have you tested it at all? I tried using the scope mounted range finder mount with my camcorder and it didn't work as the vibration was too much for it. I'm looking into buying a Tacticam. From my research so far it seems to be the best out there. Good luck Galgo. Let us know how it goes. :D

Edit to correct spelling of Tactacam.

...been following this Paul...I am way past tapped out for this year but have to say it looks good...do know if there is a switch to have the camera on you and then switch it toward the game...similar to the iPhone?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Cool. Could the same thing be accomplished by using the OEM side quiver mount? Just drill a hole through the back of the mount. I don't have my bow in front of me to picture the back side of the quiver mount........so I'm just imaging this right now.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Good idea.

I was just thinking, however, that I would only need a arrow quiver mounted onto my bow until I get to my tree stand. If I adapted and attached an arrow quiver mount to a Camera mount, once I was settled into my stand, I could just clip on my camera where the quiver used to be......

Hmmmm.....
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

ehntr wrote:Cool. Could the same thing be accomplished by using the OEM side quiver mount? Just drill a hole through the back of the mount. I don't have my bow in front of me to picture the back side of the quiver mount........so I'm just imaging this right now.

This may help.

Tried this too, limited success, more vibration than one would like.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
cdwester

Post by cdwester »

Good stuff. Now let's get to the footage.
Bwnro girl

Post by Bwnro girl »

Munch also makes a camera mount that hooks on to his quiver mounts that why you can still have your quiver on the mount. The camera mount lets your camera sits off to the side. I have one on my bow.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

This camera does not have a remote control but that would be a good idea. Im not crazy about the movement needed at the front of the bow to switch it on...hopefully I'll get to see what the deer think about it soon...

F
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Looks great I hope it can hold up to the vibration. Let us know how it does.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads