If you could only have ONE crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

Re: If you could only have ONE crossbow

Post by racking up points »

If I could only hunt with one bow for the rest of my life, it would be a Matrix 380 with a Leupold on top of it!

If I only had one bow to survive the zombie apocalypse, (come on, you've thought of it :lol: ), I would a choose the Vixen for the following reasons : Bullet proof, low maintenance, can cock it without the rope aid, easy on components, close range shots so speed is not a factor, zombie skulls are ripe so penetration is a non-issue, easier on arrows....
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

for killing power my 380 leupold scope bees
hugger

Post by hugger »

Micro!
The proof is in the picture.....if I could figure out how to post the darn thing. Lol
335 Micro, ya baby, I am in love all over again! (Don 't tell my wife)
175# Exocet, she's old but works like a Swiss watch

The Horizontal Hunter
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

405 without question. It's also a lot of fun to just shoot it. When I am off from work I go into my garage to just shoot it. I enjoy it that much. Heck even after work I load it up and take a shot.

Love the darn thing.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

SEW wrote:
Boo wrote:If I could only have one and it would only be used to kill things with, it would be the 405!
I have both the 380 and 405. The 405 has the edge, IMO .
Same

Now if the question was in regards to a rifle the answer would be 35 Whelen shooting hand loaded 250 grain Nosler Partitions. Kicks about the same as a 30-06 and will easily stop anything in the Americas.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

At the moment I would have to go with the Matrix 355 ... it is a compact beast of a crossbow. With that being said, I am hearing very good things about the Micro 335 as well, so who knows I may change my mind, if (more like when) I pick one of these up.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....This is just MHO...as each Excalibur XB hit the market it became "the best thing since slice bread"...."able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" and kill just about 90, if not 100% of all game animals in the USA/CA...

...we are all enticed by what marketing tells us is the best of the best, the fastest of the fastest...I for one was enticed by that with the M380...and before I blinked my eyes out came the MEGA MATRIX 405....honestly, I was a little deflated because I no longer had the fastest of the fastest... :cry: :cry: :cry:

....then reality set in...I went to the PA show...I lifted the Megatron 405 and it didn't fit right, it felt too front heavy for me, I wouldn't dare try cocking it (290lbs) out of fear the stirrup would slip off my foot and the bow would fly across the exhibition hall.... and I was again satisfied with my 380...but I wished it was faster :cry: :cry: :cry:

....Now the Micro 335...shooting 335, the fit is oh so perfect for me...like it was made for me...all of a sudden I forgot about speed (not saying 335 is slow by any imagination)...what now matters is what should matter, "how does it feel and shoot!"

....all of my shots with a bow are within 40 yds...over the last 2 years my maximum shot was 31 yds...I think the Micro 335 is my perfect bow...why because it fits and feels right, its quieter, it shoulders better, no searching for eye relief and carries nice on my back...It can still shoot probably 100% of all game animals in CA/USA...Yep I just found the bow, "If you could only have ONE crossbow" :D :D :D

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

amythntr wrote:....This is just MHO...as each Excalibur XB hit the market it became "the best thing since slice bread"...."able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" and kill just about 90, if not 100% of all game animals in the USA/CA...

...we are all enticed by what marketing tells us is the best of the best, the fastest of the fastest...I for one was enticed by that with the M380...and before I blinked my eyes out came the MEGA MATRIX 405....honestly, I was a little deflated because I no longer had the fastest of the fastest... :cry: :cry: :cry:

....then reality set in...I went to the PA show...I lifted the Megatron 405 and it didn't fit right, it felt too front heavy for me, I wouldn't dare try cocking it (290lbs) out of fear the stirrup would slip off my foot and the bow would fly across the exhibition hall.... and I was again satisfied with my 380...but I wished it was faster :cry: :cry: :cry:

....Now the Micro 335...shooting 335, the fit is oh so perfect for me...like it was made for me...all of a sudden I forgot about speed (not saying 335 is slow by any imagination)...what now matters is what should matter, "how does it feel and shoot!"

....all of my shots with a bow are within 40 yds...over the last 2 years my maximum shot was 31 yds...I think the Micro 335 is my perfect bow...why because it fits and feels right, its quieter, it shoulders better, no searching for eye relief and carries nice on my back...It can still shoot probably 100% of all game animals in CA/USA...Yep I just found the bow, "If you could only have ONE crossbow" :D :D :D

Anthony,
you are so convincing....but I am surprised you forgot to mention one thing: and I know it shouldn't matter, but it does to me and I am pretty sure it does to you also: the micro 335 is the most cool looking crossbow on the market PERIOD. It has such beautiful lines. IMO nothing comes close.
norm
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Cool Hand Luke, they are all capable machines, but the Micro is one mean looking unit, that is no doubt. My neighbor has shot all of mine, and has been waffling about getting one. He is stuck on the small size of the wheeled units, until he shot my Micro, he might just pull out that wallet now! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Like Don stated once function first, if they would offer a 405 without a camo mainframe. The ultimate beast/kong would have my vote!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

coolhl wrote:
amythntr wrote:....This is just MHO...as each Excalibur XB hit the market it became "the best thing since slice bread"...."able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" and kill just about 90, if not 100% of all game animals in the USA/CA...

Anthony,
you are so convincing....but I am surprised you forgot to mention one thing: and I know it shouldn't matter, but it does to me and I am pretty sure it does to you also: the micro 335 is the most cool looking crossbow on the market PERIOD. It has such beautiful lines. IMO nothing comes close.
norm

Norm...I didn't want to let on...but there IS a Bromance brewing with me and the Micro 335....dang, you called me out :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

The 405 until they come out with the Micro 405. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort »

The 355 or 380 gets my vote :D
Matrix 380 blackout
18" Zombies/92 gr. brass inserts
100 gr. Slick Trick Mag
18" Spinal Tapp's
170 gr F.O.C's
NChunter/BOO/ VixenMaster strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

As for me I only own a Ibex that I'm really liking... But after handling my sons m380 and shooting it. That hope fully will be my next crossbow... The 355 matrix is nice also but once you add the extras that don't come with it,and that I would surely want your at the same price as the m 380.. So the matrix 380 gets my vote.............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

With the 200# draw weight limit here in Illinois my vote goes to the Axiom.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie