Just Another Case of God's Will Being Different than Mine!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Just Another Case of God's Will Being Different than Mine!

Post by amythntr »

...I think I posted a week or so ago that I was involved in a four car accident with me being the lead car...I had no damage to the hunting vehicle.

...Within a few hours I started experiencing pain in my neck and between my shoulder blades and went to the hospital...$7500 later and two different CAT scans and I was told everything was OK but for my Chronic back issues (scoliosis)..

...Well the pain got worse and I went to my trusted Chiropractor (sincerely meant) who checked me out...I have a whiplash and a pinched nerve...Would you believe he had the gall :shock: :shock: to say that me going to the range on Sunday and cocking the Micro 335 10-15 times surely aggravated it :shock: :shock: How dare he spew such truth's :evil: :evil:

...Well I think that in all fairness I might be done for the 2014-15 (till jan) hunting season...Oh well, Someone was trying to get my attention....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
racking up points

Re: Just Another Case of God's Will Being Different than Min

Post by racking up points »

Very sorry to hear of this Anthony, really sucks. Your faith and positive outlook will bring you comfort. Those Jersey deer better watch out for you and that Micro in 2015!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

racking up points wrote:Very sorry to hear of this Anthony, really sucks. Your faith and positive outlook will bring you comfort. Those Jersey deer better watch out for you and that Micro in 2015!

Amen!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes sir you be messed up fer much practice. You can get one of them young'uns to cock yer Excal fer ya :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

Take a break and get back in the saddle when you can. No sense pushing it early and potentially delaying your recovery. Take care my NJ brother!

RG
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Sorry to hear about your mishap and neck/shoulder issues. I had shoulder impingement several months ago and need to due daily rehab exercises to keep it loose.

In an emergency I could use the rope cocker, but to be on the safe side, I got the C2 cranker and that's all I use.

I thought you were ordering a C2 as well ? Once you get yourself straightened out, I think that the C2 will help to keep you that way and to keep you shooting as much as you want.

Best wishes for a quick recovery and good luck.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...thank you friends...truer words have not been spoken...going back to chiropractor tonight and see if I will have a miraculous recovery!...Yep should have a C2 shortly to use with the M380 and the Micro (my arse) 335! :shock: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I must have missed the post about your accident, I sure am sorry to hear that Anthony :( I have chronic lower back problems and it decided to flare up a couple weeks ago. Brother I was gritting my teeth and sweating bullets cocking my 380 so I can sort of identify with you. Hang in there and I hope you get better soon!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

I would urge anyone with shoulder/back issues to get the C2, especially if you shoot a lot.

Manually cocking a crossbow is not a natural movement and if repeated numerous times it can lead to problems.

One of my friends is much bigger and stronger than most - over 6" and over 200#, and after cocking his 175# draw compound crossbow manually about a dozen times, even he started to tighten up.

Anthony, I think that you will really appreciate how easy the C2 will make it for you.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Do like Vixenmaster . . . get ya a crank or let them son's of yer's cock it. all yer going to need is to shoot it once! :wink: . . . that whiplash is some bad juju,
jus hang in there.

ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:Do like Vixenmaster . . . get ya a crank or let them son's of yer's cock it. all yer going to need is to shoot it once! :wink: . . . that whiplash is some bad juju,
jus hang in there.

ken

"....wish i still had granny around to cook up some of her famous road kill soup :lol: :lol: :lol: " It always seemed to work on the Beverly Hillbilly's!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to hear about the whiplash. The nerves in the spine can cause some serious problems.
Take care of it and hopefully it will heal up quickly for you!
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I`m the exact opposite of you Anthony .
I have been suffering off and on for a couple of weeks with Sciatica . When I wrecked my truck on Saturday the pain is gone now . :shock:
Get better . There is always another hunting season .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sorry to hear of your recent misfortune, hope you heal up quickly, but do as the experts say, that is a serious injury!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I hope you feel better soon Anthony. You should check and see if there's a N.U.C.C.A. Chiropractor in your area, helped me when massage therapy, physio, and regular chiropractic couldn't.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.