BOLT BACK PACK & THE MICRO

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cryon

Re: BOLT BACK PACK & THE MICRO

Post by Cryon »

Has anyone tried the pack out in the cold yet?
Wondering what the material sounds like when the temperature drops? Anyone who hunts late season knows what I mean.... Material that goes from soft whisper quiet at room temperature to crackling like a plastic grocery bag when you get out in the cold.
Unnecessary noise from backpacks or clothing is a huge pet peeve when in a stand.
Thanks for any info
Exocet 165
Vixen Deluxe
Shadow Zone
Ibex SMF
Boo Custom Strings
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

JUDGE wrote:I ordered one 10 days ago , have not seen it yet. Maybe because I am in Canada takes longer for mail shipments.
Hope it comes in soon.
I had mine delivered to the Detroitmailbox,com!!! Arrived in 2 days and I went over to pick it up.... ;)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....wow....just had mine delivered today....extremely well made and lots of space and zippered pockets....Well, Well, Well worth the money!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Cryon wrote:Has anyone tried the pack out in the cold yet?
Wondering what the material sounds like when the temperature drops? Anyone who hunts late season knows what I mean.... Material that goes from soft whisper quiet at room temperature to crackling like a plastic grocery bag when you get out in the cold.
Unnecessary noise from backpacks or clothing is a huge pet peeve when in a stand.
Thanks for any info
Hi Cryon, check out the Badlands packs. They're the best I've seen and they're dead silent in all conditions, and extremely feature rich. I've had my T2800 for years and they've added more features. The only problem is that they are also $$$ rich! The bolt pack looks like a great deal.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I'll bet Bohning loves this Excal forum and the Micro as much as I do. Ordered me a pack this morning. Heck of a deal for a good product. Thanks for the heads up guys. Cheers. Wayne
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

ok.who's put this pack to the test by hiking thru the woods with it.are you happy with it?whats the down side if any?price is great but already have too many hunting gadgets that don't always pan out when put to the test.how solid is it on your back.thanks for any input.
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

well I took my bow and pack for a long walk today and I have to say I LOVE this pack. It was so much easier to get through the thick stuff to check out some new areas to hunt next week. Wish I had this pack last year. :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I used mine yesterday for the long walk back to my truck.

I was walking back to meet my buddy & he saw me walking towards him. He had this goofy look on his face. He said "hey did you leave your crossbow back at the stand" I turned around & said "nope it's attached to my back pack"... He was amazed for 2 reasons.

The Micro limbs are so narrow he didn't see my bow behind my back & He had no idea they made a back pack to carry a crossbow!!

He ordered one when he got home... LOL

It was nice to walk comfortable & hands free for once... :)

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....these are just too good to be true....just ordered two more as Christmas presents for ? and ?. If I didn't I know mine would somehow disappear....wink! wink!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

thanks for the feedback.going to order one today.
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Ok,,,,you are hiking to your stand,,,you spot a shooter buck,,now what?? :roll:
,,,,,and how do the wider limb Exals work on this pack?
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Pasidewinder

Post by Pasidewinder »

JUSTANUFF, these packs are made so if you need to get to the crossbow quickly you reach back and grab the stirrup with one hand and unbuckle the strap with the other and bring the crossbow around to your shoulder if needed. I have tried it several times and it works very well.

Also i bought mine for the axiom, and it works fine, the limbs are a little wider but are still in line with your shoulders, im sure it is not as tight a package as it would be with a micro, but it still seems to work very well in my opinion. The way i seen it when i ordered mine is if for some reason i didnt like it, for the price i would not have had trouble gettin my money back out of it by selling it to someone that has a more suitable crossbow for it.

But i like it so much i ordered another one for a back up, should anything happen to the first one.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Besides the price and name, is there any other differences between this pack and the Excal ex-pac?
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:Besides the price and name, is there any other differences between this pack and the Excal ex-pac?

If you want I will bring mine to the shoot SD on the 19th for you to see!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks StormDragon... for bringing this thread back.. I must have been out hunting when this thread first came out..I mean its a heck of a deal, I just went on there site and they were still available at 50.00 dollars, I ordered me one a little while ago. and for 60.00 dollars 10.00 dollars shipping got one coming my way.. I have been looking for a good crossbow pack, but the money most were asking was more than I was willing to pay... including the bolt at 165.00. That 100.00 dollar saving was all it took for me.. Thanks again................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)