matrix 330 anti-dry fire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Helmut

Re: matrix 330 anti-dry fire

Post by Helmut »

To heat small screws like that the best thing to use is a soldering iron or Weller gun. You can put the tip right inside the allen head and keep it there for a few minutes. That will loosen up the locktite for you. Better to have very localized heat than a broad heat.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I put an ADF on my Matrix 330 just last night. Got one of the screws out and stripped the other three. Tried heat but that was a waste of time. I have a dremel and an angle grinder. Chose the angle grinder with a thin cut off blade and cut a slot into the screw heads like has been mentioned above. These came out really, really easy with a large slot screwdriver.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My Micro has the ADF on it already. This is my First bow with ADF ,I like this feature. It's like having limb insurance. Good to have it just in case the unexpected happens. I would think a dry fire on a Micro would not have a happy ending!! LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

IMO an Adf is a much needed accessory. For you new guys, new to x bows and who use the ADF on an Excal or any x bow, I would like to give you a heads up on a situation I experienced. The little lever that catches the string during a df rides on the shaft and slides off the nock during normal arrow flight. I bought some nocks that were a tiny bit larger around than the shaft and the ADF lever bumped on the nock just enough to give me a little flirt and an occasional unexplained erratic arrow. I could see marks on the nocks where the lever bumped over the nock on some arrows. I sanded those nocks gently and solved the flirt. Also , dont use the Lumenocks that have a groove around them. They bumped too. Use the smooth sided ones. Just an FYI to help. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

strum wrote:
aln wrote:Im in markham :) i was trying that with a buddy last night and even saw up some allen keys for a impact drill and it didnt budge... also look like 1 almosted striped so i called it quits last night.
If you strip it them you can cuta slot with a dremel tool and use a flat screwdriver,,
you can pick up a set of drivers from any home depot ect. forget the allen wrench..
if you heat the driver, the heat will transfer to the screw and loosen the Loctite.
oh and Newbie is right :D :D like its an exwifes boyfriend :lol: :lol:
Strum, I'm shocked that you would even say such a thing. Ex-wife's boyfriend...poor guy! I'm sure you meant Ex-wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:
strum wrote:
aln wrote:Im in markham :) i was trying that with a buddy last night and even saw up some allen keys for a impact drill and it didnt budge... also look like 1 almosted striped so i called it quits last night.
If you strip it them you can cuta slot with a dremel tool and use a flat screwdriver,,
you can pick up a set of drivers from any home depot ect. forget the allen wrench..
if you heat the driver, the heat will transfer to the screw and loosen the Loctite.
oh and Newbie is right :D :D like its an exwifes boyfriend :lol: :lol:
Strum, I'm shocked that you would even say such a thing. Ex-wife's boyfriend...poor guy! I'm sure you meant Ex-wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its what i was thinking but i didnt want to say ;) ;)
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

Where do you guys buy the Torx headed bolts from?
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I got mine through - Fastenal

I see you have one on Jackson MI
Hope it helps

http://www.thomasnet.com/branchheading. ... Fullquiver"]Where do you guys buy the Torx headed bolts from?[/quote]
aln

Post by aln »

Boo wrote:When push comes to shove and you can't get it off, you can bring it to me to remove what won't come off.
I'm in Toronto on Broadview Ave, just north of the Bloor St bridge.
Thanks boo for the offer! Such nice people here. I didnt get to try last weekend since all the prep for christmas but will try asap and let everyone know how it went :)
aln

Post by aln »

By the way. If im getting torx screw. What size am i looking for? I have a fastenal around my house so i could pick some up today :)