NJ Strikes Again-This Time with M/L

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

NJ Strikes Again-This Time with M/L

Post by amythntr »

Image[/URL]

....Well, we were fortunate again...this time with the T/C Encore 209x50...I will let my son Anthony tell the story...a BB...and yes my brother-in-law Angelo is still skunked....This is number 6 for the Romano's....

He will most likely fill in the blanks later when he gets home...

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: NJ Strikes Again-This Time with M/L

Post by xcaliber »

Nice, you guys are on a roll.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

I tell ya, you fellers are put'n the meat on the ground! pass on the good job!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congratulations Anthonys'! I'm gonna start callin y'all the killing Romanos. :shock: :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Congratulations Anthonys'! I'm gonna start callin y'all the killing Romanos. :shock: :D

...dad's just wipin up the rear so to say....it's the youngens...doing all the real work...

...although i did have something MAJOR to do with this deer....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Very nice!! Great job!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Congrats!! Looks like Dad thought you well. BP season here this week as well, we have green grass this week though, gotta go south to Jersey to find snow. You guys gonna need more freezers if ya keep this up.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

amythntr wrote:Image[/URL]

....Well, we were fortunate again...this time with the T/C Encore 209x50...I will let my son Anthony tell the story...a BB...and yes my brother-in-law Angelo is still skunked....This is number 6 for the Romano's....

He will most likely fill in the blanks later when he gets home...

congratulations on another deer. that deer there will be some of the best eating venison there is :!: :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
ajr1234

Post by ajr1234 »

Several different lessons were learned with this deer.
1. Always trust your gut.
2. If you think you hit it, you look for it.
3. Don't let anyone make you think you missed if you trust your shot.

Shot this deer at 425 in the afternoon as light was fading fast. Had 3 other deer spook at 50 yards and I thought my day was done. Removed the primer from my gun and was getting ready to start packing up when I saw 2 more tails coming in like nothing was wrong. Put primer back in gun, steadied gun up against tree, had solid rest, clear sight picture and took the shot. As usual with the muzzle loader the deer was no longer there after the smoke cleared but a couple seconds later I heard a crash. Tried to make a mental note of where the deer was when I shot. As I was walking over I kicked up only one deer. It got dark rather quick and once I started looking for it there was almost no light at all. Ended up looking closer than the deer actually was when I shot. Started walking in circles not realizing that I was getting more and more messed up each minute. Finally my uncle showed up and I had him start looking He found tracks but it was of the second deer which walked exactly where the one I shot had walked. He followed the wrong tracks. Had we taken a minute to look around we would have found that deer that night. Everyone chalked it up as a miss(including me after some coaxing by my uncles). Kept telling my dad that I was pretty sure I had hit the deer. I told him that I don't miss with my Thompson. So I let peer pressure get the best of me. Hunted the morning yesterday and still had the deer I shot in the back of my mind. Dad came to meet us and said we should go look for the deer. My uncles went in to hunt and we went off in search of this deer. Walked over to the spot I shot it and no more than 30 yards away, there it laid in a blow down. Moral to this whole story........... If you have any thought that you hit an animal, you owe it to that animal to recover it or make 100% sure it was a clean miss. Also, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, if you are confident with your weapon then there should be no question.
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
262 grain 17" BE Zombie Slayers
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ajr1234 wrote:Several different lessons were learned with this deer.
1. Always trust your gut.
2. If you think you hit it, you look for it.
3. Don't let anyone make you think you missed if you trust your shot.

Shot this deer at 425 in the afternoon as light was fading fast. Had 3 other deer spook at 50 yards and I thought my day was done. Removed the primer from my gun and was getting ready to start packing up when I saw 2 more tails coming in like nothing was wrong. Put primer back in gun, steadied gun up against tree, had solid rest, clear sight picture and took the shot. As usual with the muzzle loader the deer was no longer there after the smoke cleared but a couple seconds later I heard a crash. Tried to make a mental note of where the deer was when I shot. As I was walking over I kicked up only one deer. It got dark rather quick and once I started looking for it there was almost no light at all. Ended up looking closer than the deer actually was when I shot. Started walking in circles not realizing that I was getting more and more messed up each minute. Finally my uncle showed up and I had him start looking He found tracks but it was of the second deer which walked exactly where the one I shot had walked. He followed the wrong tracks. Had we taken a minute to look around we would have found that deer that night. Everyone chalked it up as a miss(including me after some coaxing by my uncles). Kept telling my dad that I was pretty sure I had hit the deer. I told him that I don't miss with my Thompson. So I let peer pressure get the best of me. Hunted the morning yesterday and still had the deer I shot in the back of my mind. Dad came to meet us and said we should go look for the deer. My uncles went in to hunt and we went off in search of this deer. Walked over to the spot I shot it and no more than 30 yards away, there it laid in a blow down. Moral to this whole story........... If you have any thought that you hit an animal, you owe it to that animal to recover it or make 100% sure it was a clean miss. Also, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, if you are confident with your weapon then there should be no question.

....Notice nowhere in his report did he say, "....and Dad's always right...."

...many years ago I had a similar story with my beloved brother in law...I knew I shot this buck...I described it's actions ....he took 4 steps one way and 4 steps the other way and said i missed it...we found the nice 5 pointer two weeks later during doe season 20 feet away over a grassy mound....right where I said it went. and the slug hit was right where i told him I hit it....except I stayed on the top of the mountain while he went down to look for it....after all, "he was the mighty hunter!"

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Congrats to your family Anthony! Man you guys are racking up this year!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

Congrats on your harvest.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
vixenmaster