A bit of closure...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DirtyGun

A bit of closure...

Post by DirtyGun »

Some people know about the fact that I was a victim of fraud a few years ago when I 'sold' a crossbow to a 'member' of this forum (posing as a 'member' for the purpose of fraud, most likely) and had my crossbow stolen from me when payment was cancelled and the bow was already on its way.

I haven't done any online deals since, unless they involved local pick-up.

I had tracked the guy down and provided info to police and eventually, police nabbed him for other crimes.

Although he isn't going to be punished for his crimes against me, at least he'll most likely see time behind bars for more vile crimes.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/11/10/cr ... lgary-pimp
Patriot*

Re: A bit of closure...

Post by Patriot* »

DirtyGun wrote:Some people know about the fact that I was a victim of fraud a few years ago when I 'sold' a crossbow to a 'member' of this forum (posing as a 'member' for the purpose of fraud, most likely) and had my crossbow stolen from me when payment was cancelled and the bow was already on its way.

I haven't done any online deals since, unless they involved local pick-up.

I had tracked the guy down and provided info to police and eventually, police nabbed him for other crimes.

Although he isn't going to be punished for his crimes against me, at least he'll most likely see time behind bars for more vile crimes.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/11/10/cr ... lgary-pimp
DirtyGun,
Glad to hear that your efforts paid off. It appears he will have a long time to think about his crimes locked up in a cage. Once a thief always a thief, he will have to live with never being trusted by anyone ever again. Way to persevere.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

What a low-life. How many lives has this man tortured? He shows remorse by complaining about the conditions he has been suffering in his pre-trial jail time. Not cool to be a pimp :oops:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Persistance pays off, good job R.
Although no monetary replacement, it must feel good to see justice sneak up and bite his ass.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Well that/ his a$$ hole will only get bigger where he's going :mrgreen: .
With some luck an even bigger pimp will sell his a$$ all over the prison! That has to bring a smile to your face :D .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Hunt it wrote:Well that/ his a$$ hole will only get bigger where he's going :mrgreen: .
With some luck an even bigger pimp will sell his a$$ all over the prison! That has to bring a smile to your face :D .

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear this POS is getting a little justice.
It doesn't get your bow back but I hope it at least puts a smile on your face.

I'm a true believer that what comes around goes around!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Glad to hear you will get abit of satisfaction!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

You should call the government of Alberta and get the victims of crime papers and file them. You know where he is now. In BC I know statute of limitations on that is 20 years. That's what I would be looking into. :D
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Hunt it wrote:Well that/ his a$$ hole will only get bigger where he's going :mrgreen: .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things