Axiom after 1 year

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jc1

Axiom after 1 year

Post by Jc1 »

Bought my Axiom almost a year ago. I'd have to say I love this thing! Did a little fine tweaking with the scope and what a joy it is to shoot. For people that are on the fence about Excalibur crossbows, don't overlook even the cheaper basic packages. Unfortunately, I have only shot it at targets. This season has been the slowest that I can remember, I've only seen 2 deer from a deer stand. But our season goes through Feb. 28 so hopefully things will pick up.
way123hockey

Re: Axiom after 1 year

Post by way123hockey »

Congratulations on your one year anniversary and good luck the rest of the season.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, it is a very good bow,my first one was an axiom. Very light and very accurate. Have fun and good luck. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
rockyhollowhunter

Post by rockyhollowhunter »

have a Axiom too, jc ,love it glad ya like yours and good huntin to ya hope ya connect :)
bubba

Post by bubba »

I shoot a Ibex and have a full ice box.. love the bow. but for next year I'm looking to go to the matrix 355 or 380 but for the rest of this year I'm happy with my Ibex kills em dead.... After all every one needs a back up? right? The Excalibur fever smile.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Outback

Post by Outback »

In 2011 I purchased an Axiom for my then 11 year old son. We spent many hours with him shooting, from the ladder stand, from the ground standing, from the ground sitting, sitting on a log. You name it he shot from that position. Sometimes over 100 shots per outing and he got better with every shot.

He took the hunter safety and firearms courses in August of that year and passed. When he turned 12 years old in September we got his hunting paperwork done. Come October 30th while sitting in the Doghouse blind I caught some movement about 100+ yards out. It was a big 8 point buck we named "high 8". As the buck came closer very slowly I whispered back and forth with my son about the his confidence level, his ability. @0 minutes passed and the buck presented a broadside shot at 17 yards. When he squeezed the trigger the Axiom sent the arrow to it's target and made a perfect shot. Within 10 yards "high 8" took his last breath. My best day hunting ever so far.

My son still has his Axiom and would not hand it down to his younger brother even when I offered to buy an upgraded Excal for him. I don't think a person can go wrong with any of the Excal models. The right tools in the right hands can get the job done.

Good to hear you're happy with your Axiom, keep on shooting.

outback
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Awesome story Outback. I love it! :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm sure the Axiom will do it's part when you do get a shot at a deer. I use a Phoenix, and it hasn't failed me yet! (but I have had scope failures)
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Nothing wrong with lower poundage and less pricey versions of the Excaliburs! My old Vixen and I have put in many miles and thousands of shots together. I've shot almost every model of Excalibur out there but am quite content to stay with my old Vixen.... I although I'll admit those Micros are tempting!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

I bought my Axiom just over a year ago also, I think it would take a very strong bear to wrestle it from my hands... I have shot the daylights out of it and it helped fill my freezer as well this year.. I love shooting it and maybe if it stops raining I will go out and shoot it today.... Image
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

Axiom got this one also Image
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Jc1 wrote:Bought my Axiom almost a year ago. I'd have to say I love this thing! Did a little fine tweaking with the scope and what a joy it is to shoot. For people that are on the fence about Excalibur crossbows, don't overlook even the cheaper basic packages. Unfortunately, I have only shot it at targets. This season has been the slowest that I can remember, I've only seen 2 deer from a deer stand. But our season goes through Feb. 28 so hopefully things will pick up.

.....Feb 28?....are you from NJ?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Outback

Post by Outback »