I feel guilty

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cbrdog

I feel guilty

Post by cbrdog »

You know when a guy is selling super nice stuff just before Christmas, he is broke because he spent to much money and the wife is about to kill him....And sooo I bought this new in the box Matrix 310 for cheeeeep. Does this mean I am going toHe__ . If thats the case after putting it through its paces todayall I can say is.... Its worth it but I do feel sorry for the poor guy.
Vixen ll
Matrix 310
xcaliber

Re: I feel guilty

Post by xcaliber »

It hurts to take advantage of a hunter in need, but somebody would have scooped it up. Congrats on the score, but please don't rub the seller's nose in it! 8) Welcome to the forum, and happy hunting brother!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
cbrdog

Post by cbrdog »

Not rubbing anyones nose in it...it is a great bow and i just kinda feel sorry for the guy having to part with it.
Vixen ll
Matrix 310
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:It hurts to take advantage of a hunter in need, but somebody would have scooped it up. Congrats on the score, but please don't rub the seller's nose in it! 8) Welcome to the forum, and happy hunting brother!

Dan....I could have not said that better...many people today have fallen on hard times...I get a much better feeling when I know I have helped someone in need than when I think I might have gotten over on someone...Not sure if that was the intent on the post, it it did come across that way...

I also welcome the cbrdog to the forum!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Do you know the guy? I say this because if he is a friend, I'm sure you'll help him somehow in the future. If you don't know the guy................maybe it fell off the truck before you purchased it?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
cbrdog

Post by cbrdog »

No I dont know the guy. He set the price and with that I asked if he was sure and he was happy. The guy first told me he had one. Then after a bit the story changed. No guys I pay my own way and i didnt steal it and run off, I am paralyzed from the chest down. I even made phone calls to see if Excalibur was missing any.....Did my due diligence got a heck of a deal and thats that.. sorry I opened my fat mouth ie fingers.
Vixen ll
Matrix 310
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Don't be sorry. You paid what he wanted and you both benefitted from the transaction. Like was said some people are on hard times for one reason or another. You can feel bad for them but don't be sorry. He got what he needed for it and you got a great bow.

Congrats on the bow and enjoy.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
bubba

Post by bubba »

Hard times are all around us..And I have had my share, sure he felt bad about selling the bow. But he did what he felt had to be done. And you helped the guy.. I can see how you feel bad, but you did good by having the money he needed. And a good deal on a Excalibur. It's a win,win, buddy Welcome also to the forum.............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
SEW

Post by SEW »

I agree with the others: you did what was right. In his eyes, you helped him and you helped yourself. It wasn't a loose/win with the transaction; rather, it was a win-win. Unfortunately, prior to all that, it was a loose. Likely most of have been in his shoes at sometime. Let me tell you about my airplane...... :D
SEW

Post by SEW »

I still have it. :D :D :D
rockyhollowhunter

Post by rockyhollowhunter »

cbrdog wrote:Not rubbing anyones nose in it...it is a great bow and i just kinda feel sorry for the guy having to part with it.
i know what ya meancbr i got good deals on things from people and then feel sorry for them ,but he was happy and you asked him if that what he wantedso no harm, your not rubbin anyones nose in it ,congrats on crossbow and good huntin
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

I just made a guy a real deal on a tenpoint, he was out of work due to a serious on the job injury [lost 4 fingers] and trying to get by on comp pay [been there]. He is an avid bowhunter and his wife wanted to buy him a crossbow for Christmas. Needless to say he now can still bowhunt and we are going next week to a nice spot he has. :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I just meant that as a figure of speech, I think you paid what he asked is more than fair. Don't sound like you would do anything like that either. Feel good about the deal, you probably helped more than you know.

Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Waif

Post by Waif »

Previous owner going to miss it less being he was not shooting it.
A die hard shooter would have parted with it more dearly ,perhaps.
The bow goes on...
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.