Info needed on Buckmaster Maxpoint

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Relex

Info needed on Buckmaster Maxpoint

Post by Relex »

I got handed down my paps bow who passed away this past year which is a Buckmaster Maxpoint. I've been trying to do some research about it online and haven't found much other than it hasn't been made since 2004? The all camo (what I have) is the 175 pull and that it's made by Excalibur? There are no manuals or anything, I just got the bow with about 15 bolts (some with broad heads and some with field tips).

I've been trying to figure out what grain bolts came with it and I can't find that anywhere. Is this still a decent bow for its time? It currently has a red dot which I'd like to change it out to a 4x32 scope.

Is this worth putting any money into? I'm planning on taking it to the local range after work to see if its shot in and if so for what and then hunting with it a few days for late archery after the the new year.
flightattendant100

Re: Info needed on Buckmaster Maxpoint

Post by flightattendant100 »

The Buckmaster/Maxpoint bows were WAY ahead of their time.They are still quality bows with excellent performance. Danny Miller is the go to guy on these as he had much to do with their development.740-483-2312 He can tell you any and everything about them and has some parts should yours need service. He is also a super guy that is old school customer service. It is sure worth the phone call. Congrats on the cool bow and welcome to the forum.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

You should be shooting 400 gr arrows or heavier. Seems like they were around 340 fps, yea they are a good bow.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

2 on both above posts...........They were called the Paradox if Excal sold them.............
"Eze 18:21"
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

I found a manual a while back when I had a Maxipont, sold the bow to a neighbor an he's using it now.

This is for a Bear F- series crossbow, the F-340 is the same as your xbow. :D

http://www.beararchery.com/sites/all/th ... manual.pdf
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100