New String on my Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

retrieverman

New String on my Micro

Post by retrieverman »

I've been on this board for a while now and have seen MANY posts about "Boo strings" and other custom strings. I've never given much thought to how much of a difference just a "string" can make. Well, I'm convinced. I ordered a couple strings for my Micro and M380 from Boo, and they came in the mail today. I just got in from shooting my Micro with the new string. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but it seems to shoot quieter and more consistent than with the factory string. I'm a believer!!!

Thanks Boo for getting the strings out in such a timely fashion.

I hope everyone on the board has a Merry Christmas!!!
Hester0305

Re: New String on my Micro

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your new string, Boo makes some great strings. I think the Flemish strings he makes seem to me to be quieter than the factory string also. Enjoy you won't be disappointed
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Besides the added quiet, When you install it it wont creep for two weeks and the serving will last and last and last. You made a great choice.
Pounder

Post by Pounder »

Hi all, long time lurker, but first post. What is the secret to getting your Boo strings so quickly? I ordered one for my 380 in August and was told not to expect it this year...still waiting. I've noticed on the forum here that several folks were getting strings for their Micros and bows pretty quickly.

By the way, I want to thank everyone here for the all the advice. I've learned so much from reading this forum.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Welcome Pounder!

You will be rewarded for your patience, the popularity of his strings have caused an unfortunate backlog.

While I would prefer not to publicly disparage any stingmaker , I will state that just because some stringmaker offers a hand made string does not suggest that he understands how such a string should be made so that it will do the intended job most correctly. (Need I say more?)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Pounder wrote:What is the secret to getting your Boo strings so quickly? I ordered one for my 380 in August and was told not to expect it this year...still waiting. I've noticed on the forum here that several folks were getting strings for their Micros and bows pretty quickly.
Well, I don't "know" anyone on this board, so I don't believe I would've got preferential treatment. Boo seems to be a really nice guy, and I would just suggest contacting him. I actually expected to have a wait, but I was pleasantly surprised.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Swamp Donky wrote:Publicly disparaging any fellow forum sting maker would only make one look foolish, IMO... :(
Airing one's dirty laundry in general on the open forum never leads to a positive outcome…. :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pounder wrote:Hi all, long time lurker, but first post. What is the secret to getting your Boo strings so quickly? I ordered one for my 380 in August and was told not to expect it this year...still waiting. I've noticed on the forum here that several folks were getting strings for their Micros and bows pretty quickly.

By the way, I want to thank everyone here for the all the advice. I've learned so much from reading this forum.
First I have to apologize to anyone that is offended by my response, but Fred's question will come up with others that are waiting for 10 months or more for my strings.
To answer your question, what retrieverman got was one of my production strings that I started making a couple of months ago. They are 28 strand Flemish strings made from Force 10 and they come off a rack that I built that holds 28 spools of Force 10. That rack makes it real easy for me to make a bundle by just pulling 14 strands of one colour at a time.
The Force 10 string is much easier to twist (being only 14 strands for each bundle) and to get most of the creep out (being only 28 strands total), the material is much less money than XS2 (but the Force 10 set up cost me about $3,000.00). Taking most of the creep (before serving) takes me about 1/2 hr or so and the 40 strand Boo string takes days on my stretching rack.
Pounder, I sent you an email.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

retrieverman wrote:
Swamp Donky wrote:Publicly disparaging any fellow forum sting maker would only make one look foolish, IMO... :(
Airing one's dirty laundry in general on the open forum never leads to a positive outcome…. :roll:
Well said!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

There a couple of string making options out there. You can get one quicker from those guys while waiting on a Boo string. Check the trading post section
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
Pounder

Post by Pounder »

Thank you for the explanation Don. Should have contacted you.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pounder wrote:Hi all, long time lurker, but first post. What is the secret to getting your Boo strings so quickly? I ordered one for my 380 in August and was told not to expect it this year...still waiting. I've noticed on the forum here that several folks were getting strings for their Micros and bows pretty quickly.

Welcome to the forum Pounder...look forward to having you as part of the Excalibur family!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings