New Axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Retired CPO

New Axiom

Post by Retired CPO »

Hi; Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just got an Axiom from Santa. Used to shoot a vertical compound, never really liked it. I've been setting up the Axiom and haven't shot it yet, it's my first cross bow. Really looking forward to shooting/hunting with it!
8ptbuk

Re: New Axiom

Post by 8ptbuk »

Congrats ! You've got a nice xbow there !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2! Welcome.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats & welcome to the forum!! :D
Yes...even Santa shoots an excal!! :D 8) :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Excalibur Axiom. Can't go wrong with an Excalibur.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
bubba

Post by bubba »

Welcome to the forum.. you have a great crossbow.. any questions you have will be quickly answered by some really good folks here again welcome aboard............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

Welcome to the forum!!!
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
Retired CPO

Post by Retired CPO »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I'm interested in is a faster string, after I've gotten comfortable shooting the bow. I know the Axiom isn't the fastest Excalibur so a few extra fps anywhere I can find them will be welcome. Is there a source of information that I can access to educate myself about cross bow strings? I've read the string threads on the forum and most of what I see might as well be greek :?: :?: I'd like to be able to speak/read intelligently about the subject.
Normous

Post by Normous »

A very informative read here:

www.boocustomstrings.com
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Retired CPO

Post by Retired CPO »

Normous wrote:A very informative read here:

www.boocustomstrings.com
Thank You, Normous.
bubba

Post by bubba »

After you feel comfortable with your bow there are some of the best custom Flemish string makers to be found right here on the forum. just go to the trader section in this forum.. Don or boo is world famous, but there is also some excellent makers in Vixenmaster, Dan the Excaliber man,8pt. just to name a few... All make the best of the best....................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Retired CPO

Post by Retired CPO »

Thanks, bubba, I'll go to the trader section.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Retired CPO wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I'm interested in is a faster string, after I've gotten comfortable shooting the bow. I know the Axiom isn't the fastest Excalibur so a few extra fps anywhere I can find them will be welcome. Is there a source of information that I can access to educate myself about cross bow strings? I've read the string threads on the forum and most of what I see might as well be greek :?: :?: I'd like to be able to speak/read intelligently about the subject.
Danny Miller makes all of Excaliburs strings. The Dynaflight Flemish( FFF) that he makes is not a custom string but is about as fast a string as there is out there. It's also very reasonably priced. Boo strings are the "Cadillac" of strings. They cost more money and take longer to get, but you will have the best. Also the faster strings are not so forgiving in the event of a dry fire. Keep your thumb and fingers below the deck and have a ball.
strum

Post by strum »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Retired CPO wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I'm interested in is a faster string, after I've gotten comfortable shooting the bow. I know the Axiom isn't the fastest Excalibur so a few extra fps anywhere I can find them will be welcome. Is there a source of information that I can access to educate myself about cross bow strings? I've read the string threads on the forum and most of what I see might as well be greek :?: :?: I'd like to be able to speak/read intelligently about the subject.
Danny Miller makes all of Excaliburs strings. The Dynaflight Flemish( FFF) that he makes is not a custom string but is about as fast a string as there is out there. It's also very reasonably priced. Boo strings are the "Cadillac" of strings. They cost more money and take longer to get, but you will have the best. Also the faster strings are not so forgiving in the event of a dry fire. Keep your thumb and fingers below the deck and have a ball.
X2 on the Danny Miller strings.. but don't be fooled with the "Best of the Best" statement. There are GREAT string makers on here and some :( string makers on here. choose carefully.
And welcome to the forum.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16