Disgusted!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Disgusted!

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks Wabi. You get it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Here in NJ it seems our public grounds are a waste land of trash. I try to clean up a good bit but if I got everything I would never hunt ever. But i did get rewarded one day as i was hunting with my Drahthaar we were in The quail fields and i thought here is more trash and went to pick it up and low and behold it was a 50 spot :D .

I know how you feel and I can't understand why people have to do crap like this. It's so sad.
Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

after working 30 + years for the Department of Conservation here in Mo. it is amazing the stuff people dumped on our state areas. I have had to call for a dump truck more than once to clean up a mess left by somebody to cheap to pay for trash pickup. we try to keep our state areas nice for everyone to enjoy but over the years have had to close several due to dumping. I maintained and managed 10,000 + acres of state property before I retired in 2007... :?
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
quake

Post by quake »

Very sad. Makes my blood boil when I see trash left by trash. :x
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

So much of it about these days .
I have to maintain communal areas and some people can't be bothered to,take their rubbish out.
They just throw it out of their windows .
We cleared up in parking area the other day at one of these places,a car came in, went and left their lunch rubbish behind.
Shear bloody laziness.........
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Talltines wrote:Here in NJ it seems our public grounds are a waste land of trash. I try to clean up a good bit but if I got everything I would never hunt ever. But i did get rewarded one day as i was hunting with my Drahthaar we were in The quail fields and i thought here is more trash and went to pick it up and low and behold it was a 50 spot :D .

I know how you feel and I can't understand why people have to do crap like this. It's so sad.
Brian

....Amen....and aren't we in the season of....."goodwill toward men"...or did that end yesterday morning at 12:00:01 AM....hmmmm?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Mercy, Merry Christmas everyone. :shock:
bubba

Post by bubba »

Peed Piper and norm ? I too am a life long hunter and fisherman. And I thought and still do.... Think its a good thread about whats happening to our hunting and fishing areas in fact every where!! I was corrected on a post a few months ago, and was asked to just kick back and observe by a member of this forum , I've done that...And it has become clear to me that there is a lot of our northern friends on this forum that really have it in for excaliber dan... WHY?? I don't get it...Here is an idea? If his threads don't agree with yooou guys don't read or respond to em.. sounds like a winner to me. By the way happy holidays and I hope all your gifts under the tree didn't smell bad...................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... In all honesty, I found absolutely nothing wrong with the OP... Quite frankly that could have been me and I could have made the exact same post... In my HO if it has something remotely to do with our "beloved passion" it is fair.... Our fight is with the "antis" and not with our brother and sister hunters....garbage left in the woods will always be attributed to us, "reckless hunters" who don't care about anything but killing poor, defenseless Bambi...

Kudos to you Dan...for bringing to the forefront an issue which affects us all as outdoors men/women.

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mitch

Post by mitch »

I hate to see garbage in the bush. Well said Antony.
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-4 or whatever. well said Anthony...That's the way I look at it also.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Maybe someone else already suggested this as I didn't read every response here. If you plan to hunt there again take a game camera with you and hide it somewhere near your vehicle especially where you can get a license plate number of any vehicle stopping in the area around your truck. It would be a good feeling helping to get these idiots busted. Here in Michigan we have an epidemic of slobs on public land.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

I found Dan's post to be relevant and on point!

We all know that the public perception of hunters is very important and we want to be seen as stewards of the environment. Dan's concern and comments about the garbage being dumped are very relevant as the public may perceive this as a hunter issue.

I hunt on state land in CT and run into this same problem all the time. I always try to collect garbage people leave behind and dispose of it properly.

Great post Dan!!
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Razor cut

Post by Razor cut »

I would like to know why some of you in Ontario Canada have to be so negative towards other people in this forum? We are all on here for the same reason to increase our knowledge on xbows and to meet people. Please keep your comments to yourself and keep this forum Positive.
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

The hunting forum is full of non hunting stuff from Merry Christmas, introductions, crossbow upgrades, chrony's, building arrows, ATA and on and on.........in fact most stuff in the hunting forum is off topic. I don't get that talking about finding garbage while actually HUNTING is off topic?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?