Disgusted!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Disgusted!

Post by xcaliber »

I went to a new spot this morning that was about a 50 minutes drive. It is a State Owned piece of property that is managed by the Fish & Wildlife dept. Not too many people understand the laws of Indiana, and the rights we have as hunters, but that is a long write there, so i won't get into that here! We drove by this place about a week ago on a windy day after hunting nearby early in the morning, before the trees gave us a ride! :lol:
It looks very promising with a small area to park for maybe 4 vehicles. We went there to hunt this morning, and although we did not kill a deer, we did see several! Coming out of the woods, right next to my truck was a huge pile of garbage! Some IDIOT is trying to send a message, or is just a pig! Either way, not cool in my book.
Yes, I'm hunting there again soon! 8) Yes, we picked up all their trash too!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bubba

Re: Disgusted!

Post by bubba »

I really under stand.... There were a couple public hunting areas I loved hunting before now hunting almost only private land. The slobs were unreal!! not just in the camping areas but every where. Under where a climber was,on the trails,Some people just don't care...I hated it!! But you see it every where even out in the bay fishing Plastic,all kinds of garbage and I like you try and pick up what I can but its a never ending battle.. I know no one around me in the woods or out in the boat don't do that junk!! respect the outdoors I wish every one did..But I feel like the thought of world peace? it's never gonna happen..............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Nothing like slobs to ruin hunting/fishing opportunities for sportsmen.

I've started watching and writing down license plate numbers since a group of people that was fishing down the bank from me left 4 bags of garbage in the parking space when they left the lake. They (the people, not the garbage) were there when I went in and I didn't even pay close attention to their vehicles. :roll: :oops: When I drove out (well after dark) they were gone and 4 bags of trash were in the parking space. I know they were responsible, but I failed to get a license plate number when I went in. :(
The state no longer has trash barrels at the lake, but they do have a dumpster at the park office (right at the entrance/exit to the park) and the park ranger told me it was open to visitors to dispose of garbage. I pick up trash about every time I fish there and simply stop and throw it in the dumpster as I drive out. :roll:
Talked to the park ranger and he told me if I could identify people or could get a license number he would be glad to phone them. He would offer to let them come back and clean it up, or pay a fine for littering. :lol: :lol:
wabi
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

Were you hunting by Larwill?
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

No, we were on the Kankakee River near Thayer.
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

Oh ok just your description of the parking lot made me think of Deniston Resource area. I used to hunt that pretty hard and there is a small lot in the back that unfourtionatley people like to use as a dump site because it is suclueded
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
jeepfreak

Post by jeepfreak »

I hate it when people litter :x !!! I am always picking up litter . when I was young my father had us kids out picking litter in our rural neighborhood , so now I can not walk past a can ,wrapper , ect without picking it up & throwing it away in the nearest garbage can. I wish every one had the motto " You bring it in , so you take it out !!"
Brown Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Why a new post for everytime you experience something new?
Are you bored? Is there something missing from your home?
It seems you have to tell the forum everytime your garbage man comes, or your coffee cup isn't where you left it?
Can you just stick to hunting stuff?
Yes, there is garbage, yes there are other hunters, yes we know you shoot a bow. Why is it everytime something changes in your world you make a new thread?
Why not just make a thread called "Dans World". Update it when you pee, check your mail, get mad at others, go to work, come home, see strange things, shoot good things
Seems everyday you make a post with an elusive name and go off about trivial stuff we all deal with every day.
If you are lonely, then cool.. but run one damn thread about this crap.
Crossbow hunting is just that. It isnt about everything that happens in your life. We all deal with stuff. But these vague thread names get old. Fast.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Pydpiper wrote:Why a new post for everytime you experience something new?
Are you bored? Is there something missing from your home?
It seems you have to tell the forum everytime your garbage man comes, or your coffee cup isn't where you left it?
Can you just stick to hunting stuff?
Yes, there is garbage, yes there are other hunters, yes we know you shoot a bow. Why is it everytime something changes in your world you make a new thread?
Why not just make a thread called "Dans World". Update it when you pee, check your mail, get mad at others, go to work, come home, see strange things, shoot good things
Seems everyday you make a post with an elusive name and go off about trivial stuff we all deal with every day.
If you are lonely, then cool.. but run one damn thread about this crap.
Crossbow hunting is just that. It isnt about everything that happens in your life. We all deal with stuff. But these vague thread names get old. Fast.

WOW! Did Santa leave a turd under the tree for you or what???
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm so sorry to bore you my man! I'm a bit on the bored side after taking care of my Mother who suffered a stroke in the spring leaving her with no control of her left side, or many bodily functions. Also with my wife in, and out of the hospital with her issues. Did I mention that I have two daughters that really don't care too much about arrows, hunting, or too much on the Man Front!
I'll try to be more "correct" on my postings going forward, hope all your friends do the same so that you don't have a hard time on the forum reading our mundane garble.

Happy Holidays to you,
Oh, can I post something next time mom makes a solid poop?
jeepfreak

Post by jeepfreak »

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: Someone got upon the wrong side of the forum!!! If your not interested in the post no one is making you read it !!!
Brown Vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

I happy to hear Pyd. say what many here are thinking. This is a Crossbow Hunting Forum and there is an Off Topic section for Garbage.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
greentag

Post by greentag »

im not going to post nothing toward either side but the visual image i had of santa leaving a turd under the christmas tree was funny :lol:
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:shock:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I took the post as a valid topic for a hunting forum. I am a hunter and it also upsets me to see our public areas used as a garbage dump. The more time & effort (money) the government has to spend to clean up, the more likely those areas will end up with less public access.
We used to have "rest areas" along our rural state highways here. It was common to find a nice parking lot, shelter house, picnic tables, rest rooms, mowed lawns & walking paths near every small town. Then they became the hangouts for slobs, perverts, drug dealers, etc. Those nice rest areas don't exist anymore! Now if you plan on traveling far you'd better forget the "scenic route" because there's no place to stop & rest (or pee for us older folks) along those routes.
The same could easily happen to those parking areas for public access to hunting/fishing areas!
wabi