Need Advise on Exocet 200

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildman

Need Advise on Exocet 200

Post by wildman »

I have a 2007 or 08 exocet 200 that i bought new from Danny Miller thinking about selling it .

Needing advise on sale price of my 2007 or 08 exocet bow that I bought new from Danny Miller .Bow is in excellent condition no scratches or rust of any kind on second string never dry fired .Comes with rope cocker Danny Miller over the top quiver mount Excalibur quiver Excalibur lumi zone scope ,1/2 doz. gold tip arrows 1/2 dozen black eagle arrows.Not sure what there selling for any help would be appreciated.
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
awshucks

Re: Need Advise on Exocet 200

Post by awshucks »

My favorite platform.........I'd ordered a new Phoenix from Danny and was confused on the speeds it was showing compared to my Emax.

Turned out, I had a mis-marked Ecet, lol. I sold it once I got my Y-25. I'd shot it for a year to boot, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I have a 08 200 and bought it new in 08 for 700.00 shipped to my door with the vari-zone package....it still is in great shape and if i ever sell it i'll try to sell it for 800.00 bucks with everything i have for it that equals bout 1000.00 bucks....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
wildman

Post by wildman »

Was thinking about pricing mine at $725.00 does that sound about what they have been selling for ?
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
wildman

Post by wildman »

My bow is a 2009 model was looking at when i joined this forum bought it the same year after talking with awshucks :wink: .
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

after talking with awshucks :wink: .
Did you forget the part about keeping it? lol. Sorry to all concerned, but Excal sold these wide xbows for about 30 yrs. Imagine the game they stacked up.........I tried a Matrix 380 and went back to the Y-25 [+$1k]

I'd hang onto it............
"Eze 18:21"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Well you can buy at Walmart in the US the Verizon's package for $700, so keep that in mind.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Your bow is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Keep in mind it is an older wider Excalibur model. You paid good money a few years ago for it but now with the new models of crossbows being offered you may have a hard time selling it for what it is worth. Best thing to do would be get it up for sale at whatever you think is fair and wait and see what happens. If someone really wants it they will buy it, or try and chew you down. Good Luck wildman!
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Since the Matrix and now Micro bows have come out the price that the older Exo bows bring is way down.You can look on ebay and see what some actually go for. The 725.00 is probably an optimistic number. With that said I wish you the best and hope you get it.Like 'Shucks said the Exo bows are great bows, proven track record.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

They are great bows. There was recently a 2013 Exomax package deal for $425.00 on the trading post. That's a great price, I just wanted to give you some perspective. Generally, when someone is buying used they want screaming deals and like new condition. And as sellers we place great value on sentiment. Good luck friend.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
greentag

Post by greentag »

they were some new exomax on amizon a week or so ago and they were brand new and priced under 400.theres no way id take that for my old one,but that goes to show that since the new ones are out the price has went way,way down for the wide ones.im wanting a micro,but knowing how cheap the older ones are going for im going to just keep it to.besides we dont know about the long haul of these new ones(though im sure there great) but i know what my old one is.to me its still as good as 700 or 800 dollar other brand so istead of taking such a loss,it will be a back up,with a very good track record i might add! good luck though,it all depends on the right person wanting it,at the right time..
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
wildman

Post by wildman »

After reading what awshucks had to say and what you fellers are telling there selling for think I'll just keep the old heifer she don't eat much and damn sure has put the meat on my table .
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I know I will never sell mine :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
strum

Post by strum »

wildman wrote:After reading what awshucks had to say and what you fellers are telling there selling for think I'll just keep the old heifer she don't eat much and damn sure has put the meat on my table .
You are making a good decision there.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

As consumers we are caught up in the illusion that newer is better, and as such, we don't want to be left behind. In reality newer isn't necessarily better, but only different.

Facts have shown that the pre-Matrix Excaliburs models have stood the test of time as they slowly evolved through three full decades. They are as dependable today as they were when first introduced. Now the hype of the new, fast and ever changing short models has made, perhaps mistakenly, folks feel the need to discard and abandon them.

To para-phase an old Benson-Hedges ad: "It's not how short you make it, but how you make it short."

Lest we forget, "all that glitters isn't gold". Should we be reminded of the fable of "the tortoise and the hare". I wonder, are we mistakenly backing the quick moving hare, while under-estimating the slow and steady tortoise. :?

Only time will reveal the right choice, in the meanwhile I personally will hedge my bets, and not sell my long Exo-series models short.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.