matrix380 safe storage unused

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blueflame

matrix380 safe storage unused

Post by blueflame »

Hello girls
Its been over a year now since my last post, I bought the matrix 380 realtree and love it to bits, the truth is i have had no time to play with it as I'm always so busy with one thing or another. I have honestly fired my matrix about 20 times on targets only. I came back from florida 3 months ago to europe and while in the states i went to orlando bass pro and thought hell yeah and out came thr money again ! I have full intentions of making time to play with the matrix so while in bass pro i bought myself a optimiser and the latest state of the art rangefinder, some toxic heads etc anyway now back home in rainy europe and still not even tried the range finder or even taken
The optimiser out the packaging, I'm a marketers dream customer i guess,anyway i have some questions.
1 how long can i leave the matrix strung in a cool enviroment without causing any negative effects.
2 how does my warrentee stand on the matrix as its unused but i have been checking for any splinters in the limbs every few months.
3 Do you agree that a fool and his money are easy parted lol.
Seriously i still maintain that i will use these things and like having them around for when i do .
Thanks
dutchhunter

Re: matrix380 safe storage unused

Post by dutchhunter »

good day sounds like you are putting the miles on .Your bow will be just fine .There is really no need to ever take the string off of your bow unless you are putting a new one on or you are adding a few twists to your string to take up the slake from the string stretch .I hang mine in the basement for the off season and do try to get it out every once in a while for a few shots .but your limbs will be just fine and you can leave the string on all summer .just remember to check your brace height before you start to shoot her again ,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
greentag

Post by greentag »

keep an eye on the brace height ever now and again while its just sitting there,if the string creeps down on the rubber pads of the r.ed.s. it could ruin the pads,buts thats about it i think...
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

If you leave your string cocking aid attached when you put the bow away you should be fine. The cocking aid will keep it off the pads if the string stretches.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

its been about 2 years since my last post, I cant help thinking that I am wasting a truly beautifully engineered crossbow ( matrix380 )because it just sits in my room in its case but then I kinda accept it like having a Harley in the house to look every now and then. Anyway I have probably fired about 10 bolts from it in total. every month or two I check the limbs for splinters and cracks, spray a light oil on the metal parts to reduce any chance of corrosion and vigorously wax the string and all is good, I haven't played with the range finder yet nor have I fitted the optimiser speedial , I have strung and DE strung the bow every now and then which is now showing some wear under the scope in that notch wear the cocking aid string slips showing slight paint wear. i read somewhere that leaving it unstrung can cause damage to some pads! what pads ? :oops:
Happy new year to you all.
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I have always unstrung my Exomax and now 380 during the off season however I have learned from this site that this is not required. So my plan this year is to install my new string on my 380 and allow it to stretch during the off season checking the brace height occasionally of course to maintain a 1/4 -5/16 inch off the REDs. This way I will have a prestretched new backup string come late summer.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger