matrix 380 and spitfires

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cumberlandxbow

matrix 380 and spitfires

Post by cumberlandxbow »

After several years of admirable service I am selling my axiom (original aluminum rail model) for a matrix 380. I shot spitfire 100s in my axiom with exceptional performance. Have any of you shot spitfires with success from your 380s? Interested if the extra horsepower has an impact on the accuracy/performance of the Spitfires.
SEW

Re: matrix 380 and spitfires

Post by SEW »

Works great for me. I did use orthodontic elastics just for peace of mind. However I primarily use FOCs. Of course, brass inserts for SFs and AL inserts for FOCs.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

cumberlandxbow wrote:After several years of admirable service I am selling my axiom (original aluminum rail model) for a matrix 380. I shot spitfire 100s in my axiom with exceptional performance. Have any of you shot spitfires with success from your 380s? Interested if the extra horsepower has an impact on the accuracy/performance of the Spitfires.

...Absolutely love the 100g Spitfire MAXX:

...full deployment each time,
... very accurate and consistent,
...you can buy practice heads,
... Actual BH fly and work like practice heads,
...well made, NAP company
...no bands or loose parts that fall apart in your hands (Grim Reapers)...,
...they shoot 2" channels, easy recovery,

...what more can I say!

Anthony :)

PS: Steve (SEW) is a DDS orthodontist and those dental bands are easy to come by...it's like asking me for a pencil and calculator :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

All I've run since acquiring my 380 have been 125 grain Spitfires.
They fly exactly the same as my field points, DEADLY Accurate out to ranges I would never consider shooting a deer at!
5 deer now to them, and most with a 20 - 30 yard recovery. Great Blood Trails!

Shot a couple into a target last summer, simply to see how many times they could take that without deploying when the arrow leaves the bow. Fourth shot on each that occurred. Not Bad.

Might just have to look into those "dental bands" should I (likely) stick with them. I had one deploy a single blade as the arrow left the bow. Wicked Spiral effect, and nowhere near the whitetail buck I was aiming at. That was an absolute First for me. Shot a decent Mulie the next day with another.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
tomasw1

Post by tomasw1 »

I've been shooting 125 gr Spitfire Maxx Crossbow broad heads. Fly great. I haven't needed dental bands with those. Blades are supposed to have a bit more resistance for crossbows.
Matrix 380 Xtra
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

amythntr wrote:
cumberlandxbow wrote:After several years of admirable service I am selling my axiom (original aluminum rail model) for a matrix 380. I shot spitfire 100s in my axiom with exceptional performance. Have any of you shot spitfires with success from your 380s? Interested if the extra horsepower has an impact on the accuracy/performance of the Spitfires.

...Absolutely love the 100g Spitfire MAXX:

...full deployment each time,
... very accurate and consistent,
...you can buy practice heads,
... Actual BH fly and work like practice heads,
...well made, NAP company
...no bands or loose parts that fall apart in your hands (Grim Reapers)...,
...they shoot 2" channels, easy recovery,

...what more can I say!

Anthony :)

PS: Steve (SEW) is a DDS orthodontist and those dental bands are easy to come by...it's like asking me for a pencil and calculator :lol: :lol: :lol:
And they bust vertebrae apart at 62 yards!!!
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

IronNoggin wrote: Might just have to look into those "dental bands" should I (likely) stick with them. I had one deploy a single blade as the arrow left the bow. Wicked Spiral effect, and nowhere near the whitetail buck I was aiming at. That was an absolute First for me. Shot a decent Mulie the next day with another.

Cheers,
Nog
I have been using some tiny rubber bands I found on all my crossbow spitfires maxx. I am not taking the chance of premature openings.