Horton crossbow scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Horton crossbow scope

Post by strum »

I know im going to get some static over this but I have to ask.
I have been seeing all kinds of Horton scopes on ebay and such for cheeeep
im in the market for a Nikon bolt and since I don't see any used ones for sale I can see ill be buying a new one .. But..
I saw a Horton 4x32 crossbow scope for 19 bucks new!!
im thinking it would be a good back up scope maybe ..and im wondering are they really that bad :shock:
also I have looked at the Hawke xb 30 compact..looks a little busy to me what yall think?
go ahead hate me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
racking up points

Re: Horton crossbow scope

Post by racking up points »

At $19 for a spare...why not? I owned one, a fixed 4x, for a short time. It was all all of a $20 scope if you know what I mean.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
strum

Post by strum »

racking up points wrote:At $19 for a spare...why not? I owned one, a fixed 4x, for a short time. It was all all of a $20 scope if you know what I mean.
yeah ..I realize you get what you pay for..

did Hawke make these for Horton?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
bubba

Post by bubba »

Well Strum,I'm not gonna get on your case, 19.00 don't see how you can beat that.. You probably know I'm a Nikon bolt fan and I have one love it...But I'm also saving up for a matrix 355 or 380, anyway after shooting my sons 380 with the tack zone scope,I really like the lighted cross hairs... Great for low light! but the optics or glass to me is terrible..Will not be on my future bow..but I've been doing a lot of research on a good lighted scope And I keep ended up looking at the Hawke XB 1 1.5x32 SR. 164.00 on amazon. The reviews are great, Havn't had a chance to look thru one at the optics. But for me unless Nikon comes out with a lighted reticle that would be a good one to consider.....I apologize I do ramble on...................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
strum

Post by strum »

I dont think im going to buy a Horton scope but it does make me wonder.
we are all over the Leupolds and Nikons and such but are we overdoing it sometimes?
I mean we are shooting deer at 10-40 yards. not 1,000..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

hey guys I still have my old Horton with the Horton scope .that think has been rock solid for almost 20years .never had a single problem and killed a ton of deer with it .at 20$ you can not go wrong .thy work well on rimfires as well Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 on that...Fer sure.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

strum wrote:I dont think im going to buy a Horton scope but it does make me wonder.
we are all over the Leupolds and Nikons and such but are we overdoing it sometimes?
I mean we are shooting deer at 10-40 yards. not 1,000..

....I have to agree with you Stan...when I open up my gun safe I have Leupold's on each firearm....truth be told I think I fired my 30.06 in hunting situations 5 times (NJ does not allow rifles) in 20 years. I have the same name brand on my slug gun and ML, as do my two boys...

....now they are on ALL of our Excals...truth is there ARE cheaper, and for the most part, equally well made scopes that will perform AS WELL AS the more expensive scopes within our hunting ranges of 10-50 yards. Others, who shoot competitively or 3D might argue differently....

...I recently started hearing and reading about the Redfields (made by Leupold) being a quality crossbow scope. Great reviews. I would have no problem putting one of them on a CB....they cost approximately $100 less than a crossbones....

...It almost is like the guys having 4 or more crossbows...where does one stop?..and how much do we really need....

....I guess it is like anything in life we tend to purchase what we can afford and in many cases it does not improve our chances to warrant the extra $.....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

the problem I have with the redfields and others is they look huge on the matrix bows so im thinking they are longer than the Micro :mrgreen:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
bubba

Post by bubba »

I agree strum.... I also like a short compact scope on a crossbow..That was kinda what kept me away from the Leupold ... Damn I'm picky........
Last edited by bubba on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

there are a few different models and versions of the Horton scopes. i got a few as they seem to be everywhere. if you can get the Horton Hawke version of the 4x32 for 20$ that be a great deal/ the regular Horton version of the same scope is good too maybe not as beefy but the glass seems the same. Natchez shooters was blowin them out too. havent had any issues with the red dot scope either. http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... 00&src=sim
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

strum wrote:the problem I have with the redfields and others is they look huge on the matrix bows so im thinking they are longer than the Micro :mrgreen:

...didn't realize both the Leupold and Redfield are 11.3 inches...couldn't get the specs on the TZ...quite frankly I personally would not buy a $20 scope....but again that is just me...why put a cheap scope like that on such a fine piece of precision equipment such as an Excalibur Crossbow...JMHO

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Yotewacker

Post by Yotewacker »

Natchez shooting is selling Horton scopes for $8.99 each if you are looking for a deal

Horton Multi-A-Range 4x32 Crossbow Scope

Shows in stock now

Product Number: HMSS047
Team Matrix 355 Member

BEE arrows
also 2013 Excal Phoenix - Firebolts and Boltcutters
I used to own a Horton BoneCollector
I love my Matrix 355. Shootin 150gr Xbow tricks this year
strum

Post by strum »

amythntr wrote:
strum wrote:the problem I have with the redfields and others is they look huge on the matrix bows so im thinking they are longer than the Micro :mrgreen:
.why put a cheap scope like that on such a fine piece of precision equipment such as an Excalibur Crossbow...JMHO

Anthony I agree but case it point :shock: TZ :shock:
in the end if you look thought the scope , put the crosshair on the target ,pull the trigger, and the arrow is in the circle..what's the difference how much it cost?
Im just talking here...
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

Years back I had a horton scope on a exomag shot
A ton of deer with it..that was before the inter net and
All the tech talk..exomag and horton happy happy.