Hartcraft Scooptail Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hawkeyemd

Hartcraft Scooptail Broadheads

Post by Hawkeyemd »

Has any members tried these broadheads yet?? Check them out @ hartcraftbroadheads.com As of now, they make five [5] different versions, all using the same universal ferrule!! What a ingenious idea!! You can also turn the blades over, as they are sharpened on both sides, or turn the blades end for end to use them as small game heads!! Sure to be a great seller!! Let me know what you think!! Thanks, Hawkeyemd
strum

Re: Hartcraft Scooptail Broadheads

Post by strum »

I never seen em before .. im a die hard Slick Trick fan but I really like these .
I love the idea that they come with spare blades and the blades are reversible.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JLH

Post by JLH »

I have been looking at these for a while....i too am a die hard slick trick fan, I have a hard time switching when I have 100% trust in something....but these hat craft heads are making me think.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Looks like another solid fixed blade option at a reasonable price.I like the idea of a universal ferrule with interchangable blades.The Turkey blades look interesting.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I checked them out in person. Sharp, the scooptail is a gimmick, let's face it! They have two turkey heads, one for head shots and one for body shots. What really turned me off was the large diameter fixed blade head, (don't remember the name or it's dimensions), but this model in particular has blades that are DESIGNED to break when they hit bone.

No thanks, I'll pass on anything made by a company that makes any blade that is designed to fail. That's just a stupid idea.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Designed blades to break ? Dang thats a sorry BH' in my opinion! My BH blades may bend or get the butterknife blade after goin thru bone but they hold together to pass-through deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I have read though their web site , were dose it state that their larger blades are designed to break ?
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Nevermind I found it . must have been reading to fast lol .

"No-curl design for better penetration

Soft blades also tend to curl when they hit bone and curled blades act like a parachute, severely limiting penetration. Our hardened blades will not curl. If anything, they’ll break away which is preferred because two blades still penetrating cut more tissue than three blades that have stopped!"

thier site says they are 52-53 rockwell while other broadheads are 23-36 to make them eaiser to sharpen .
Last edited by MI Yeti on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have shot some didnt like the way they fit into the ferrule i really didnt think that they were that sharp broke blades just with a pratice shot into a 18 -1 they flew ok